DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini not pairing

myrcfix

Reactions
Problem?ac will not pair with RC

Was unit in a crash?yes, freshwater crash

What have you tried so far? Removed all covers, used isopropyl alcohol to clean all circuit boards. Plugged into DJI Assistant and did a firmware refresh on ac and rc.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 8

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? v01.00.0600 on both

What Go app version are you using?DJI Fly 1.7.0(666)

Any modification?
(if so what)none

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)none
I power up ac with one press then hold to turn on. Same for rc. Open app and rc shows connected to iPhone. I press connect aircraft and nothing happens.
I have connected ac and rc to DJI assistant without any problems.
On the ac if I press power once then again to turn on then hold for 4-5 seconds I all get is a beep(no sequential lights on ac). Also have 1second Green light,then a blip of Red light over and over.
Have tried 3 different fully charged batteries. And with and without SD card.

Last edited:
Thought comes to mind regarding the use of alcohol as there are many blends out there. How about investing in the pricier deOxit and recleaning the components again? Alcohol can still leave a film. I don't think it will remove oxidation or corrosion

Reactions: myrcfix
Thought comes to mind regarding the use of alcohol as there are many blends out there. How about investing in the pricier deOxit and recleaning the components again? Alcohol can still leave a film. I don't think it will remove oxidation or corrosion
Used 91% isopropyl alcohol, I didn’t know that it leaves a film. All small patches of ick on the boards are now gone. I will get some deOxit and start over. Thank You

Last edited:
deOxit can be expensive and the spray design drools precious fluid. some hobbyists will buy the liquid product. the brush applicator minimizes overspray and unwanted drips.

deOxit can be expensive and the spray design drools precious fluid. some hobbyists will buy the liquid product. the brush applicator minimizes overspray and unwanted drips.
I took your advice and stripped it down and recleaned it all. The good news is it paired to RC! I did find the 3in 1 flex cable to be bent, but not completely broken yet. That would explain the other errors I’m chasing.

i cringed when you said it received a dunking. It becomes a cross-your-fingers after that so you were very fortunate. regards

i cringed when you said it received a dunking. It becomes a cross-your-fingers after that so you were very fortunate. regards
Yes, I like a good challenge. I wasn’t expecting it to come back to life, not completely out of the woods just yet. I ordered a new 3 in 1 flex cable so it will probably be here by next Friday with Labor Day on Monday.

Update: the MM is airbourne!!

was not pairing to RC, but the RC and AC was seen in DJI Assistant for Mini.
Had several errors: IMU Initializing Code 30066, Gimbal unable to connect Code 40012, Gimbal Stuck Code 40002.
When powered up gimbal would do the dance but got no "tones" and not paring to RC.
Replaced 3 in 1 Ribbon cable, powered up and both paired but got Power System Hardware Error Code 30210.
cleaned the ESC with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol...again, used compressed air to dry ESC and also blew thru the motors even though all spinning freely.
Powered up and got the "tones"...Ready to Fly.

Reactions: waltermitty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy