DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini ocean plunge - w/ flight log - Help please :)

amc_surfboards

Reactions
Hey guys,

New user here, and also pretty new drone pilot also.

I was flying my Mavic mini today (about a month old) when it decided to plunge into the ocean.
Iv figured out how to get my flight log, which is below.
Here is the sharing link:

You will see it has multiple strong wind warning errors and 'not enough force/esc' errors.
Also, the below video was taken today showing smooth conditions, so i find it hard to see why these strong wind alarms were coming up at a low altitude.

Just wondering on everyone's thoughts with this? If i am missing a crucial piece as to why it plunged down into the ocean. I couldn't stop it and it caught me buy surprise. Drone is now on the bottom of the ocean. Was not game enough this afternoon to go look for it as the beach had been closed due to a tiger shark spotting (hence why i was flying my drone).

Greatly appreciate anyone who has time to take a look at the info for me. I am planning on contacting DJI for support also when business opens on monday.

Cheers people.

Andy - Western Australia

Winds were very light, and not the problem - this looks like the classic lack of thrust problem with the rear motors, leading to uncommanded descent at the end:

Climb.png

Note the sudden change in pitch at 900 seconds when the aircraft cannot make forward progress and maintain altitude, followed by pitch oscillation:

Pitch.png

See if you can find the mobile device DAT file ending FLY040.DAT - it will have the definitive evidence showing rear motors maxed out. Even without that, however, this should be a fairly straightforward warranty issue.

Thank you
Winds were very light, and not the problem - this looks like the classic lack of thrust problem with the rear motors, leading to uncommanded descent at the end:

View attachment 96554

Note the sudden change in pitch at 900 seconds when the aircraft cannot make forward progress and maintain altitude, followed by pitch oscillation:

View attachment 96555

See if you can find the mobile device DAT file ending FLY040.DAT - it will have the definitive evidence showing rear motors maxed out. Even without that, however, this should be a fairly straightforward warranty issue.

Thank you sar104!
I am looking for that file now but have been unable to find it within the DJI folders on my phone, ill keep looking though. I will look to start a support case with DJI on monday and I will keep you up to date with what they say. Cheers for you quick response, very much appreciated.

I am looking for that (DAT) file now but have been unable to find it within the DJI folders on my phone, ill keep looking though.

Probably gone to DAT heaven, it disappears when auto or manual sync is done (I think).
Should be in sub folder of the main folder you found the TXT file in.

View attachment 96554

View attachment 96555

Hey mate
Just letting you know I have had a response from DJI and they are replacing my drone. All they stated is they 'confirmed this aircraft incident is a warranty case'. Thanks again for your advice.

Cheers
Andy

Hey mate
Just letting you know I have had a response from DJI and they are replacing my drone. All they stated is they 'confirmed this aircraft incident is a warranty case'. Thanks again for your advice.

Cheers
Andy

Excellent. I was pretty sure that they would not argue about this one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78