DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Pairing Problem after arm replacement

Joseph D

Reactions
Hi. My AC got crashed last new year (pilot error) buy still works after it crash even if I used super glue in it’s front arm. However, I decided to replace it with a new one when I saw an available parts in online store. I replaced it on my own and made sure everything was soldered and connected when suddenly the AC won’t connect with the RC anymore. I tried pairing mode by pressing the power button for 4 seconds and also tried refreshing and downgrading the firmware through DJI Assit 2. But AC and RC still won’t connect. If you have any idea what to do, your advice will be of great help.

Attachments

• AB39859B-AA27-4F41-8E3F-61E1A748A5FF.jpeg
    AB39859B-AA27-4F41-8E3F-61E1A748A5FF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 7E346E51-0222-487A-B5BB-61D09C6C2D97.jpeg
    7E346E51-0222-487A-B5BB-61D09C6C2D97.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
One of the antenna cabless is running through the front arm to the antenna located within the foot. Maybe you have broken the coax cable?

One of the antenna cabless is running through the front arm to the antenna located within the foot. Maybe you have broken the coax cable?

I assume it is the grey color wire that can be seen through a small hole below the brush less motors on the front arms.
I haven't broken that wire. In fact I made sure nothing was broken when I did the soldering and everything else.

It's not just a simple wire, it's a coax wire, where the antenna wire is shielded by an outer surrounding wire structure connected to GND. If not broken you might have introduced a short circuit between inner wire and shielding.

It's not just a simple wire, it's a coax wire, where the antenna wire is shielded by an outer surrounding wire structure connected to GND. If not broken you might have introduced a short circuit between inner wire and shielding.

Do you mean this wire? (Attached image)EE7E3883-0083-44C6-BDB4-A04A52428B66.jpeg
I doubled check it’s connection and it looks fine. How does it usually gets broken?

I have never seen it by myself. But seems it's that long wire. There should be a HF coaxial connector at its end which I cannot clearly identify on the photo. You should measure the resistance between inner and outer conductor there, it should be infinitive.
But there is also the chance that because of strong pull forces when the arm had broken, the wires have separated from the connector. It's all very tiny and sensitive.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d