DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Payload Release

Rhys_Cavill

Reactions
Good afternoon all.
I’ve got a Mavic mini & I want to buy a payload release mechanism for it that can be controlled remotely. I understand this model can’t carry very much, about 120 grams above its own weight to my understanding, & I’ll only use it to carry a tennis ball for my dog and then release it, or possibly small bottles of hand sanitiser & drop it off to people over the park to raise spirits in these trying times. I’ve only managed to locate payload dropping mechanisms on amazon, but they’re for the MP, so I’m just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one, or if they’re available. Thank you

Reactions: Rat1972
welcome to the forum, although your idea is very noble i would not bother the little MM is not really up to the job you are describing,it would be putting a great deal of stress on the motors and ESCs and also the battery

Reactions: Capt KO and WooZie
Just make sure you have the relevant permissions and insurances in place - generally dropping anything from a radio controlled aircraft or UAV is illegal in public areas in the UK. Should someone get injured it could get expensive. It's not a game stopper, just need to make sure you're covered.

welcome to the forum, although your idea is very noble i would not bother the little MM is not really up to the job you are describing,it would be putting a great deal of stress on the motors and ESCs and also the battery
Okay, thank you for the advice. I think I might leave it after all. The Mavic has just been delivered & it is smaller than I imagined, still v excited to use it though!

Reactions: old man mavic
Just make sure you have the relevant permissions and insurances in place - generally dropping anything from a radio controlled aircraft or UAV is illegal in public areas in the UK. Should someone get injured it could get expensive. It's not a game stopper, just need to make sure you're covered.
Thank you. I was going to drop it infront of people rather than on them, but the drone is smaller than I anticipated & I don’t want to strain it too much anyway. Thanks for you advice

Good afternoon all.
I’ve got a Mavic mini & I want to buy a payload release mechanism for it that can be controlled remotely. I understand this model can’t carry very much, about 120 grams above its own weight to my understanding, & I’ll only use it to carry a tennis ball for my dog and then release it, or possibly small bottles of hand sanitiser & drop it off to people over the park to raise spirits in these trying times. I’ve only managed to locate payload dropping mechanisms on amazon, but they’re for the MP, so I’m just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one, or if they’re available. Thank you
You can get these from various sights and ebay, they come from China, I wouldn't go heavier than 60g to 70g, I would prefer to pay a premium from DJI but they don't make them for the Most popular drone on the market. So far I have found 2 types, they don't specify range is my only issue, I would like to cast 10g lures out really far beyond the capabilities of a fishing rod.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    129.2 KB · Views: 14
there are two reasons that the MM is not really a suitable platform for lure dropping ,its limited weight carrying capabilities and wind resistance , and dont forget the drag from the line ,plus the added weight would more than likely turn the payload mode on which would prevent it from flying very far or high,

Reactions: Thomas B
Good afternoon all.
I made my own using some parts from a cheap rc car.
I saw there were a lot of people saying the drone isn't right for this, but I have used it for some very light things and it seems to work fine. (but like you can't really carry any weight)
I also used my school's 3d printer for this

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji