DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

wspike

Reactions
Out flying my mavic mini one day as my battery was getting low I started to do a manual landing and about 10 feet away from ground all motors stopped, flipped upside down and that’s the way it landed. Luckily no damage. Was curious about failure because battery still had 28 percent left. Put another good battery in and everything worked rest of time.
A few day later out flying hovering over my landing pad it was a little windy just practicing my landings and the motors stopped again . Being curious I realized I was moving my left joystick to the 5 o’clock position and every time the motors would stop to my amazement.
I was understanding that both joystick down and towards the center was a programmed emergency stop.
Can someone test there mavic mini with just the left joystick down and toward center to see if it’s just mine or a bigger problem with software or firmware.
I have updated my software and firmware with the same results. All else is working great.

Thanks for any information
Happy flying

Your best bet is to post the txt flight log from an affected flight. For instructions on how to retrieve a log have a look at
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
upload a relevant log or logs to that site then post the resulting URL/s here.
Also check the setting of "emergency propeller stop" in the "advanced safety settings" section of "Safety", it should be set to "emergency only" and NOT "Anytime".
"Down and in " just produces a descending spin for me.

Can someone test there mavic mini with just the left joystick down and toward center to see if it’s just mine or a bigger problem with software or firmware.
That is one of the two methods that can be used to stop the motors.

1675251712066.png

What do you have selected here in DJI Fly? If "Emergency Only" is not selected, you will also be able to stop the motors mid-flight.

1675251799625.png

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Will have to save the files next time when weather gets warmer and send them in.
I did check the settings and it is set for “emergency only” .
Stay tuned for my file .
Thank you for the reply .

Out flying my mavic mini one day as my battery was getting low I started to do a manual landing and about 10 feet away from ground all motors stopped, flipped upside down and that’s the way it landed. Luckily no damage. Was curious about failure because battery still had 28 percent left. Put another good battery in and everything worked rest of time.
A few day later out flying hovering over my landing pad it was a little windy just practicing my landings and the motors stopped again . Being curious I realized I was moving my left joystick to the 5 o’clock position and every time the motors would stop to my amazement.
I was understanding that both joystick down and towards the center was a programmed emergency stop.
I have updated my software and firmware with the same results. All else is working great.

Thanks for any information
Happy flying
L

Will have to save the files next time when weather gets warmer and send them in.
I did check the settings and it is set for “emergency only” .
Stay tuned for my file .
Thank you for the reply .
Unless you have manually deleted the flight logs or got rid of the phone etc. the flight logs are automatically saved to the screen device.

That is one of the two methods that can be used to stop the motors.

View attachment 160153

What do you have selected here in DJI Fly? If "Emergency Only" is not selected, you will also be able to stop the motors mid-flight.

View attachment 160154
Yes ,that is my problem .
I got into the settings and found that setting .
Thank you for pointing that out.
Guess I didn’t understand how that worked with two settings.

Reactions: msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98