DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini RC antenna configuration. (Which is which)

I see... thanks!

most probably I will not get 4hawks antenna, so I’ll go for separate proper pigtails and plugs and use the bigger antenna that the amplifier comes with.

..I am also going to buy a smaller antenna , as not to loose portability factor, when not using the amplifier setup.

My thinking is to go low on modification budget, cause after a money spending point, it makes better sense to upgrade to a more capable (Used) Mavic

Theres also the Alientech pro all in one boosters and antennas. and they detach for portability. I have no idea how well they work though: ALIENTECH 2.4Ghz Antenna booster for DJI MAVIC PRO / PHANTOM ...

Reactions: FaBl3D
Excellent topic - I was on phantom pilots for a while but my long range phantom 4 was stolen. I just got a Mini 2 and modified the remote with external antenna connectors. I was going to use rp-sma, but the connectors I had were low quality so I went with the qma connectors that came with the alientech adapter kit. It’s a little pricey for the cheap plastic it is with no instructions, but it works.

Anyway, I was stunned to see my remote with no antennas connected allowed me to fly 3300 in a congested/noisy RF area.

I don’t know what the purpose is of the left antenna, but on my Mini 2 remote it doesn’t appear to do anything. In a long range test with my amplified omni antennas, I hovered a few thousand feet out and unplugged the right antenna and lost signal immediately. In the same spot, I unplugged the left antenna and nothing changed - no warnings, no signal strength indicator change, nothing. So I then proceeded to fly nearly 10,000 feet on only the right antenna. When I started getting signal loss warnings I plugged in the left antenna and there was no difference.

Maybe, just maybe, this model doesn’t need the left antenna at all? I’d love to learn more about it if anyone has some additional insight as to what it’s purpose is. Right now, as far as my setup and tests go, I consider the left antenna to be functionless.

I apologize, I didn’t realize I had posted this in reply to a post on the original Mini forum. I’ll see what’s up on the mini 2 forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada