DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini / Shakey Gimbal

srl4831

Reactions
Hello,

Ive been getting these random shaky spots, a few seconds at a time, in my footage, where the gimbal/camera on my Mavic Mini is, well... doing what it's doing... (link to an example/of this behavior/clip below).

I'm pretty sure tit's just that he gimbal is damaged in some way, but I thought I would run it by the community to see if I might be overlooking an easy fix... as I'd rather not have to ship it back to DJI for a refresh unless absolutely necessary.

In any case, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Your link does not work - I am also leery of clicking on unknown sites. How about uploading it to youtube?

Your link does not work - I am also leery of clicking on unknown sites. How about uploading it to youtube?
ya know.. I wondered about that... after I pressed the post button (how people would see a link to my NAS). I hope I didn't break any rules... I think that might have been my first post (yikes!).

In any case, I completely understand, and thank you for your response.

Yes, Sir.. I'll head right on over to YouTube, get 'er posted, then and shoot you a link.

Regards,
Scott

Reactions: Thomas B

Hello again... I'm almost done with the YouTube version of that post, and I got to a part where it asks if I want to post it as Public or Private. My first inclination is to go public with it... and I dont expect that you should know all my circumstances and/or what sort of posts I should be making... but I'm actually kind of new to the posting part of my online activities.. and its been my experience that it never really hurts to ask a question when in doubt.. so.. there's no glaring no-no's or 'look out for's' in posting the post were talking about here to the YouTiube Public area... right? That you can see anyway... :)

Thanks again for your guidance! Much appreciated.

Scott

Hello again... I'm almost done with the YouTube version of that post, and I got to a part where it asks if I want to post it as Public or Private. ...

Scott
I think there is an option "only with link". So only someone knowing the exact link can see the video. That is what I do in such cases....

I had a situation where the Mini video looked like I had set the Gimbal to FPV mode. When I brought it back I got gimbal motor overload warnings. Manually by hand moved the gimbal up/down left/right and that fixed it. I think it's sensitive to any dirt getting in there.

Reactions: Emanáku
How old is your Mini? My Mavic Pro Platinum had a similar issue after less than 1 year of operation. I had care refresh, so DJI had me send it back. My choices were to "cash in" my care refresh (+$60) and they would mail me back a refurbished drone, or for me to pay for what their techs found needed to be replaced: the gimbal flex and mechanism, which would cost $250. I went for the care refresh and now I have a perfectly working MPP again. Hopefully, this one will last longer than 1 year.

I had the exact problem with my Mavic Pro some time ago, and sent it to repair. The problem was only a tiny dust particle that got into the gimbal mechanism. Once removed, everything worked fine again.

I suppose this happened because I took off from a very dusty ground, which produced a dust cloud. Now I prefer taking off from my hand.

Hope this helps.

My mavicpro did the same thing after getting some dust in it . I used one of those cans of air and moved the gimble while spraying it with air . I couldn’t feel anything but after 2 attempts at cleaning it all was good again . One tiny spec can make trouble for these little birds

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC