DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini shoots up after auto take-off

RUMOR

Reactions
Hey all!

I bought my Mavic mini about 2 months ago and everything was fine untill yesterday. When I took off (from my hand) the drone went full throttle up. Luckily I was able to hold on and turn off the drone. After recalibrating my compass, I tried to take off in several other spots, but the problem kept on persisting. I have now tried to recalibrate the compass and IMU several times in different locations to make sure that there was nothing interfering with the compass, but this keeps happening. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I recently updated my flyapp (maybe it's connected to this)?

Any help would be appreciated!

Just for clarity, are you talking about starting the motors and taking off using the button on the screen of the phone?

I am talking about the little button on the screen. When I press that and hold it for the second or so the motors begin to spin at full throttle (I can feel extreme drag). When I start the drone with the sticks (it stays on the ground) but if i give some input it shoots up (only tried it once and luckily got it down somehow).

Thanks fornteh replies :) It actually shot up (usually it goes up and hovers at 1.5 meters or so) to about 15/20 meters in 2 seconds and then I managed to get it down somehow. It's not the normal procedure :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH