DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Shutsdown

minijoe

Reactions
Has an overheat shutdown been worked into a update. Having lots of trouble with my mini. Sent it in for repair and got it back with the same same problems. Mini shutting down while sitting on my desk. Wondering if that is not a problem and it is shutting down due to over heat? Also while checking out the repair work done by DJI remote controller wouldn’t shut down. It was not sent in with my Mini.

Mini shutting down while sitting on my desk.
I would expect your MM to shut down when sitting on your desk--the drone needs air flow to dissipate heat. I found this out from leaving my MM sitting on a table, turned on but without motors spinning, for a few minutes while I futzed with my phone. The drone overheated and shut down, then gave an overheat error when I tried to start it back up. I removed the battery and waved the battery and drone in the air for a couple of minutes, to cool things down. Then was able to fly as normal.

But I've never had overheating issues while in flight.

Reactions: MMPerrish
The Tello will do the same thing; overheat and shut down if left powered on on the ground too long. They don't have fans to force ventilation like the bigger ones do.

Okay, I am thinking some of my problems might be with my controller. I don’t mean the shutdown. I believe that is from being on the desk with no air. After a few minutes it will start back up.

If I know I am going to have a drone sat somewhere, powered up but not turning props etc., for a while I direct the output of a fan on to it to provided a draught and cool it.
Does the mini have an inactivity time out? I have never checked.

All of my drones do this, including my FPV freestyle drone. its amazing how little air it needs to stay cool. On some of these blistering Florida days, I will go through 3 batteries, and when I am done I leave the MM out of the case with the battery door open to let it cool down while in the car. Yet sitting on my desk for extended periods in my home can cause it to overheat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters