DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Suddenly Landed In The Ocean

The aircraft responded correctly to all stick inputs except for largely ignoring (or being unable to respond to) throttle input at the end of the flight. It was still responding to elevator and aileron.

View attachment 89044

There are also some unusual height oscillations throughout the flight, and an 80 second period of OSD_isNotEnoughForce = true.

View attachment 89045

But there are no indications in the log of what caused the uncommanded descent. This has been seen in a few other flights, and is starting to look like a possible bug in the Mini firmware.

Unless I'm missing something, this should be a warranty case.
I had the exact same thing happen with a Phantom 3 4K about 2 years ago. I was bringing it home, it stopped about 20ft away and landed in a fast moving river. DJI denied a claim as I couldn’t retrieve the aircraft even though the flight logs showed my stick input , full connection and 70% battery.

I had the exact same thing happen with a Phantom 3 4K about 2 years ago. I was bringing it home, it stopped about 20ft away and landed in a fast moving river. DJI denied a claim as I couldn’t retrieve the aircraft even though the flight logs showed my stick input , full connection and 70% battery.
Wow, that is poor customer service by the sounds of things, I'd be really upset if that happened to me.

• Angry
Reactions: maverickRKJ
There are also some unusual height oscillations throughout the flight, and an 80 second period of OSD_isNotEnoughForce = true.

View attachment 89045

But there are no indications in the log of what caused the uncommanded descent. This has been seen in a few other flights, and is starting to look like a possible bug in the Mini firmware.

Unless I'm missing something, this should be a warranty case.
[/QUOTE]
It would be nice to have the motor data to evaluate the altitude oscillations. Do you think it’s inability to maintain a stable altitude generates the Not Enough Force fault. If so, do we know the FCs response to that fault. Could it cause a “landing”?

My mavic mini suddenly became unresponsive and started descending with 50% battery, for my unlucky it landed in water, un responding to my commands to move up or move right to the shore line. i can see in the video how it stops recording right when it dips, is there a way to know what happen? I read about data logs but I am not sure how to find them and view them?
Thank You

View attachment 88977
my mavic pro did that too , never did figure out why that happened , i was lucky it was not near big water and got it back

My mavic mini suddenly became unresponsive and started descending with 50% battery, for my unlucky it landed in water, un responding to my commands to move up or move right to the shore line. i can see in the video how it stops recording right when it dips, is there a way to know what happen? I read about data logs but I am not sure how to find them and view them?
Thank You

View attachment 88977
Thank you for sharing all the data to insight, I appreciate all of you.

Hello, I was wondering, did you find your drone back? And did you contact DJI with these problems and how did they respond? I had just the same problem unfortunately and couldn't find it back in the water. I was wondering if it is usefull to contact DJI and if they see this as warranty, or that it is useless, because they won't help you if you don't have your broken drone in the first place.

Hello, I was wondering, did you find your drone back? And did you contact DJI with these problems and how did they respond? I had just the same problem unfortunately and couldn't find it back in the water. I was wondering if it is usefull to contact DJI and if they see this as warranty, or that it is useless, because they won't help you if you don't have your broken drone in the first place.

Post the flight log file. If it is the same problem (uncommanded descent) then DJI will most likely replace it under warranty - that's been their default response to these particular events.

Reactions: Nonprophet
Post the flight log file. If it is the same problem (uncommanded descent) then DJI will most likely replace it under warranty - that's been their default response to these particular events.

Do you mean this one? If I open this one, I only see weird signs. De Excel files do work, but I can't attach it to this message

I am not sure if the fligt record in the previous post is correct, I don't know how, but the date is 28-12-2019. I didn't even had the drone at that point, so I don't know how it is possible. This flight record does have the right date. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I now see that that is the flight record of this original post. I have no idea how I got it on my computer. Sorry, this is the right flight record.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-27_[15-23-26][1].txt
    491.6 KB · Views: 9
You must found the .DAT on your phone, connect to PC and use search file under a Dir named DJI

Thanks to @sar104 :

I am not sure if the fligt record in the previous post is correct, I don't know how, but the date is 28-12-2019. I didn't even had the drone at that point, so I don't know how it is possible. This flight record does have the right date. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I now see that that is the flight record of this original post. I have no idea how I got it on my computer. Sorry, this is the right flight record.
Your drone did not crash in the river.
It's stuck in the trees 39 metres southwest of your launch point.
Your flight data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Your Mini worked properly until 15:34 when you descended from 7.5 metres.
When you centred the left stick at 15:39.3 the drone failed to hold altitude and kept descending.
At 15:42.7 you pushed the left stick forward but the drone failed to climb.
Signal was lost at 15:45.8 with the mini lost in the trees at 52.32154 6.09000

You must found the .DAT on your phone
The .txt file he posted is all that's needed to see what happened.

Your drone did not crash in the river.
It's stuck in the trees 39 metres southwest of your launch point.
Your flight data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Your Mini worked properly until 15:34 when you descended from 7.5 metres.
When you centred the left stick at 15:39.3 the drone failed to hold altitude and kept descending.
At 15:42.7 you pushed the left stick forward but the drone failed to climb.
Signal was lost at 15:45.8 with the mini lost in the trees at 52.32154 6.09000

The .txt file he posted is all that's needed to see what happened.

Thanks for your reply. I know it looks like it is in the trees on google maps, but I saw it drop down in the water. It is more open than it looks like on Googlemaps and there was a little lake of 1,5 meters depth. But, good news! Yesterday I went in the water again to search and found the drone! So now it is drying. But still, I am not really hopeful that it is going to work again. But I have the SD card, that is already a nice thing. Now waiting on the reply of DJI.

Changing props is unlikely to fix a mysterious and uncommon propulsion issue.
If a set of props work perfectly most of the time, they should work all the time.
I agree! I've received the "ESC" warning by releasing both sticks after holding full up on left, and full fwd on right. Brought AC back in, checked props, then continued on without incident.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR