Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Transmission Default Setting

StubbornSwiss

FAA Registered
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings!

I just noticed that anytime I start the DJI Fly app in preparation to fly, after connecting with the drone and during my pre start checks, I find that the Transmission setting is always in Manual mode, and I have to switch it to my preferred setting of Auto (causing the drone to shut down and restart).

I am pretty sure this is not how it was prior to the recent app update.

Would someone be kind enough to confirm this for me?

This is happening on ios devices, NOT on Android.

Cheers!

Last edited:
same here. Just tested it a few times. I set it to automatic and wait until wifi is restarted then quit the GoFly app. When i launch it again it's back to manual.

@CarstenB Thanks a lot for that. I do assume you meant to say the DJI Fly App.

It was never like this before. You could set it to Auto and it would stay there. Now one has to check it before every flight.

Just a heads up to those who normally have it in Auto mode.

Just flew for the first time after the latest Fly app update. Mine is set to Auto, as it was before the app update (Android).

I have the same experience. Always reverts to “manual” transmission.
Also, the UUID Identification always turns itself back on.

Mine does the same thing.. can anyone actually confirm that auto changes the channel during flight as one gets congested it switched to a different? I can’t seem to get a straight answer i have read that it doesn’t actually change during flight it just automatically picks the best channel on start up i have also read that it automatically chooses the best channel and also picks between 2.4 and 5.8 whatever is best it keeps switching but i don’t even think it has 2.8 .. and in a high interference area i have found that selecting a channel manual gave me a better distance doing the same patch. I downloaded a wifi anylyser and it shows the networks around the area and what channel they are using. You would think auto would give better results in all situations if it truly did switch during flight to the best channel

Mine does the same thing.. can anyone actually confirm that auto changes the channel during flight as one gets congested it switched to a different? I can’t seem to get a straight answer i have read that it doesn’t actually change during flight it just automatically picks the best channel on start up i have also read that it automatically chooses the best channel and also picks between 2.4 and 5.8 whatever is best it keeps switching but i don’t even think it has 2.8 .. and in a high interference area i have found that selecting a channel manual gave me a better distance doing the same patch. I downloaded a wifi anylyser and it shows the networks around the area and what channel they are using. You would think auto would give better results in all situations if it truly did switch during flight to the best channel

I have the same issue. Always on manual even though I switch to Automatic. With regards to the automatic setting I believe it works by automatically selecting the best channel (either 2.4 or 5.8Ghz) and then locks onto that. I do not believe it dynamically switches channel mid flight as this would cause a reset. In fact this is how I noticed I was on manual. I was going to switch mid flight but thought that would be a bad idea whilst above a lake...
There was an update to the DJI Fly app yesterday v1.1.3 but I have not had a chance to check yet. Just states "Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability" so don't hold much hope.

I have the same issue. Always on manual even though I switch to Automatic. With regards to the automatic setting I believe it works by automatically selecting the best channel (either 2.4 or 5.8Ghz) and then locks onto that. I do not believe it dynamically switches channel mid flight as this would cause a reset. In fact this is how I noticed I was on manual. I was going to switch mid flight but thought that would be a bad idea whilst above a lake...
There was an update to the DJI Fly app yesterday v1.1.3 but I have not had a chance to check yet. Just states "Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability" so don't hold much hope.
Does not fix it.

Reactions: Flere-Imsaho
Add me to the list. Very annoying having to change it to Auto after every flight. Pretty sure this wasn’t the case after a couple months of flying when I got it in December. I’m almost convinced it doesn’t effect transmission strength too much but haven’t tested it extensively.

For me:
DJI Fly App v1.1.3 for IOS - Starts in Manual Mode
DJI Fly App v1.1.4 for Android - Starts in Auto Mode

Go figure ? Maybe next App update it will get fixed...

I can confirm on my IOS device that it is doing the same thing to me. I have to switch it to auto before every flight. Anyone found out any additional info on this? Thanks!

There still does not appear to be a fix. To be honest this has been like this for almost as long as I have owner my MM so it no longer bothers me, though would be helpful to get it resolved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada