DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini tricks?

Find a huge space and practice those controls as much as you can that's what i been doing with mine. Nothing fancy same stuff all the time until i master it. The hardest part is the smoothness and the use of the gimble so practice is the key and the open space for obvious reasons if you new to drones like me. I tried right from the start to pinch my controls and not use my thumbs for more control also. That's all i dare to say i leave the rest to the experts on here who have had so much more experience then me.

I just got a mavic mini, what do I need to know about it? What tips and tricks do you guys have that I ought to know?

Be careful watch the props, many suggest getting new ones as there was some really bad props that were catching the sides of the drone.

The sensors on the bottom of the done our very susceptible to reflections which can cause your drone to crash.
Wind is your biggest threat.

The Sd card is wide open and very prone to moisture , we recommend you look into the Mavic Mini Wet Suits for some
added protection as it fixes some of the problems with the mini.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in and out of the storm.
Coal

Welcome!

Some basic thing to start with (some of them already mentioned by other members here):
  1. Read the manual thoroughly
  2. Stay away from strong winds (download the UAV app to your phone)
  3. If you have bought the fly more package, be careful when storing the drone (search about it in the MM topics)
  4. Start slowly by practising basic manoeuvres in open space
Enjoy your MM!

Do a little reading in this section and it might show you what not to do .Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I fly a Mm and have had many fun flights. You will find plenty of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

If you're not sure what to do in a sticky situation, let go of both control sticks and it'll hover in place till you figure out what to do. Don't fly out with the wind! Fly back with the wind!

Check out YouTube for some tips. Lots of good information to be gleaned from some of the posters.
Download the full manual and read it several times.
As others have said apps like UAV Forecast to check flight conditions for your area. Kittyhawk or AirMap to help with finding areas where flight might be restricted.
Learn what drone rules/laws apply to the area you will be flying in.
Enjoy the new adventure.
Safe flying

Reactions: Xanadu and Thomas B
I fly a MM also. You’ve gotten some great information already. I set my UAV Forecast to 20mph at 200’. This’ll generally keep you out of trouble. Also, don’t fly low over water, it confuses the sensors. Watch out for high power lines, they’re hard to see coming and will reach out and bite you. Read this forum and learn from the mistakes of others. Best wishes!

Last edited:
Don't crash your Mini in to anything.. it will BREAK!! The bodywork of MM is very flimsy.
Buying DJI Care package with your Mini would be a very good idea as if you crash your Mini, DJI will send you a new one for $30 odd.

Reactions: Xanadu
Be careful to keep the forward props at a right angle when storing way in the flymore case. Seen a video where a gentleman said letting the props droop down in the case will case prop warpage and cause loss of lift (uncontrolled descent). Use UAV or similar ap to track wind speed and gusts at height and a safe to fly app as well.

I just got a mavic mini, what do I need to know about it? What tips and tricks do you guys have that I ought to know?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J