DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini UK altitude limit

Rhys_Cavill

Reactions
Good evening guys!

I was just wondering what the CE Mavic Mini maximum altitude in England is, or what is the highest you’ve got it in the UK without any kinds of mods or range extenders. I know it’s limited to 500M with its distance in the uk (which I didn’t realise until I got it). But does the same apply for the altitude? Is it possible to get it 500m into the air in England?
Thank you for reading

I was just wondering what the CE Mavic Mini maximum altitude in England is, or what is the highest you’ve got it in the UK without any kinds of mods or range extenders. I know it’s limited to 500M with its distance in the uk (which I didn’t realise until I got it). But does the same apply for the altitude? Is it possible to get it 500m into the air in England?
When you learn more about your Mini, you'll realise that it has a user configurable Max Distance limit.
It sounds like yours is set to 500 m at the moment.
Unlike all other DJI drones, DJI does not list altitude limits for the Mini in the specs.
But if it's like all the others, it will have a hardwired max height above launch point of 500 metres as well a user configurable Max Altitude limit.

But before zooming off to great heights, you need to understand what your local regulations allow for max distance and height.
You also need to understand how winds at height are often much stronger than winds at ground level and how the Mini's slow top speed is inadequate to deal with much more than a gentle breeze.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Good evening guys!

Thank you for reading
The maximum height is 400ft as per the CAA and the drone code Drone code - Dronesafe
Please, do not ruin the hobby any further by trying higher. It could be dangerous.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eng.Sabri