DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Uncommanded Descents

Gary Worrall

Reactions
Reference the numerous complaints about uncommanded descents/crashes. I had this problem as well where my mini would start a descent and not respond to any control input. Some times it would stop short of hitting the ground and I would regain control, but there were also a few hard landings with difficulty to shut down. One of the forum suggestions was that the rear propellers be changed out to different propellers which I did with some extra propellers I had purchased for backup. I have now made four 20 minute flights and have not experienced any more uncommanded descents. The mini is totally responsive to control inputs. Not saying this is the "answer" to this problem but so far it is working for me. I ordered these propellers from Amazon listed as follows: Anbee Mavic Mini Drone Colored Propellers, Low-Noise 4726F Props Blades Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini Drone, 8pcs/Set (Black, Gold Stripe) Sold by: tomytoys $6.80

Reactions: Mrmund and sar104
There's a reasonably large body of evidence now that the props, or perhaps some batches of props, are a problem. And there are plenty of flight data showing the rear motors maxed out at around 16 krpm and the aircraft still struggling. If the motor data are correct - i.e. the motors really are spinning at that speed - then there really is no other explanation other than that the props are not producing nearly enough lift.

Those Minis not suffering from this problem fly with much lower rear motor speeds, suggesting that either it is a prop production issue that only affects some props or that under certain conditions the stock props deform significantly. Whether that occurs in storage or flight or some combination is unclear.

Where would you see this data on motor speed ? Might be useful for us less experienced to get an idea what our mini’s are doing ..

thank you for all,of the help you give everyone btw ..

Where would you see this data on motor speed ? Might be useful for us less experienced to get an idea what our mini’s are doing ..

thank you for all,of the help you give everyone btw ..

The motor data are in the somewhat elusive (with DJI Fly) mobile device DAT file.

• Haha
Reactions: Gkinghrn
Reference the numerous complaints about uncommanded descents/crashes. I had this problem as well where my mini would start a descent and not respond to any control input. Some times it would stop short of hitting the ground and I would regain control, but there were also a few hard landings with difficulty to shut down. One of the forum suggestions was that the rear propellers be changed out to different propellers which I did with some extra propellers I had purchased for backup. I have now made four 20 minute flights and have not experienced any more uncommanded descents. The mini is totally responsive to control inputs. Not saying this is the "answer" to this problem but so far it is working for me. I ordered these propellers from Amazon listed as follows: Anbee Mavic Mini Drone Colored Propellers, Low-Noise 4726F Props Blades Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini Drone, 8pcs/Set (Black, Gold Stripe) Sold by: tomytoys $6.80
I’ll ask this question here also. The anbee props that you mention have been installed on your mini and you are not having any issues with them ??

I experienced the exact flight anomalies others have reported, controllability, uncommanded descent etc. I replaced to rear props and my Mini is back to it's old precise flying self again. My suspicion is that I had stored my Mini in the fly-more case with the props folded incorrectly, and thus deformed them. Thanks to all of you who have posted your experiences and advice here. I am a happy Mini flyer again.

I experienced the exact flight anomalies others have reported, controllability, uncommanded descent etc. I replaced to rear props and my Mini is back to it's old precise flying self again. My suspicion is that I had stored my Mini in the fly-more case with the props folded incorrectly, and thus deformed them. Thanks to all of you who have posted your experiences and advice here. I am a happy Mini flyer again.

I use rubber bands to secure the props while in the fly-more case, and once when putting the camera shield on after securing props, I noticed one prop came loose while holding MM putting the camera shield back on. Now I always secure the camera shield first, then secure the props. I agree with your thinking though, that if put back in the case with a prop or two under torque or pressure causing it to deform, would definitely cause some erratic control issues.

Reactions: Bellerophon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan