DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Unlevel Gimbal. No ROLL Adjustments at All?!

USDM Rice

Reactions
I have had my mini for about a month and I love it. I got it while my P3 was down. I had a very, very light crash with the mini and afterward, the camera is unlevel. It needs roll adjustment but there isn't any! What in God's name were they thinking not being able to adjust the roll? AC works totally fine in other words, but no matter what I do, my video is crooked. I talked to DJI and they were no help, said it's not under warranty and it was gonna cost 75 bones. It even stays crooked while in FPV mode, and yes I have done IMU and compass calibrations a bunch of times. I wanna fly the little guy so I can experience the new firmwares yaw problem ? The auto white balance I can understand... but no **** roll adjustment, that actually makes me want to rage. Also Hi, I am new here, names Casey, from southwest PA. Do believe I am starting to have a lot of fun with drones and I am super happy I found this little community!

Reactions: jose_mamede
check that all the hangers for attaching the gimbal to the drone are all attached since your crash

They are all good. I have had my p3 apart many times and had many bad crashes and never got stuck with such a basic issue. You can start the craft with the gimbal level, and it slowly rotates it to unlevel just by 2-3 degrees. But it’s enough to completely throw off your flight. I just triple checked and everything looks great except one thing... Looks like a tiny piece of tin perhaps covering a chip, fell off/out. Came from behind gimbal. So frustrating. I just want to fly but my p3 is being angry ever since I put carbon props on.

I have had my mini for about a month and I love it. I got it while my P3 was down. I had a very, very light crash with the mini and afterward, the camera is unlevel. It needs roll adjustment but there isn't any! What in God's name were they thinking not being able to adjust the roll? AC works totally fine in other words, but no matter what I do, my video is crooked. I talked to DJI and they were no help, said it's not under warranty and it was gonna cost 75 bones. It even stays crooked while in FPV mode, and yes I have done IMU and compass calibrations a bunch of times. I wanna fly the little guy so I can experience the new firmwares yaw problem ? The auto white balance I can understand... but no **** roll adjustment, that actually makes me want to rage. Also Hi, I am new here, names Casey, from southwest PA. Do believe I am starting to have a lot of fun with drones and I am super happy I found this little community!

You don't mention whether you have done a "gimbal" calibration in DJI Fly ?

Normally I wouldn't suggest this but since your probably going to pay for the repair anyway, have you tried twisting the gimbal lightly back into place when the AC is on

They ain’t takin my money. Ain’t a thing on this earth I can’t fix. I just don’t know where the problem lies. I’ve tried bumping it back, it springs right back to where the camera thinks level is, but it’s not. It consistently goes off level no matter what force is applied, and It doesn’t do much with a gimbal calibration. It’s like the computer decided the horizon is a few degrees off, and that’s that. For god sakes I’d rather pay a programmer to add roll control than to send it to dji so they can take my money. I’m all about handing repair over when I’m out of my league but this seems extremely simple therefor agitated me for not being able to find a solution.

Reactions: jose_mamede
They ain’t takin my money. Ain’t a thing on this earth I can’t fix. I just don’t know where the problem lies. I’ve tried bumping it back, it springs right back to where the camera thinks level is, but it’s not. It consistently goes off level no matter what force is applied, and It doesn’t do much with a gimbal calibration. It’s like the computer decided the horizon is a few degrees off, and that’s that. For god sakes I’d rather pay a programmer to add roll control than to send it to dji so they can take my money. I’m all about handing repair over when I’m out of my league but this seems extremely simple therefor agitated me for not being able to find a solution.

Have you checked that the 4 rubber gimbal mounts are in position and not loose.
Here is a good tear down website, but they don't go into the dismantling the gimbal,

I have checked them and thank you for that! I am sure that will come in very hand very soon! ??

Hello. I have the exact same issue.
The Mavic Mini app is quite basic, as there isn’t a gimbal specific adjustment parameter. I am as frustrated as you are.

One minor crash at low speed into a small tree. Landed upside down. Camera is 1 to 2.5* off level.

Hello. I have the exact same issue.
The Mavic Mini app is quite basic, as there isn’t a gimbal specific adjustment parameter. I am as frustrated as you are.

One minor crash at low speed into a small tree. Landed upside down. Camera is 1 to 2.5* off level.

There is a setting. Control>Gimbal Calibration>Manual.

Last edited:
DJI customer support should have told you that. It’s good we have mavicpilots.com. Thanks for all your wisdom guys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078