DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini, unresponsive on forward command, logs for the pros.

The tilt calculations are now in CsvView 3.7.0 which is available for download at
CsvView Downloads
DatCon 3.7.0 also contains the tilt calculations.

The tilt info is in the IMU record. The signal names were changed. IMU_ATTI(0):tiltInclination is the angle between the Z axis and vertical. IMU_ATTI(0):tiltDirection is the direction of the tilt in the earth reference frame - it's independent of the AC's heading.
View attachment 90020

The tilt calculations also work for .txt logs
View attachment 90019

Super @BudWalker ... hat off for your great work :D:p downloaded & installed !

@slup let me suggest an experiment to determine if there is a problem with the left back propulsion, and possibly, with the right front propulsion. After launch hold the right stick in the 8 max positions each for 10 secs. I.e. full right, then full right/up, full up, full up/left, etc.Do this right after launch and then later in the flight.

Looking at the .DAT it will be interesting to see if the tilt angle isn't the same for these 8 inputs. I'd be particularly interested to see if there is a tilt angle difference between the right/up and left/up inputs. More interesting would be if there is then also a difference between the right/back and left back inputs.

You may have guessed that I'm suspecting that the right/front - left/back motors or props don't develop as much thrust as the left/front - right/back motors or props.
@sar104

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
@slup let me suggest an experiment to determine if there is a problem with the left back propulsion, and possibly, with the right front propulsion. After launch hold the right stick in the 8 max positions each for 10 secs. I.e. full right, then full right/up, full up, full up/left, etc.Do this right after launch and then later in the flight.

Looking at the .DAT it will be interesting to see if the tilt angle isn't the same for these 8 inputs. I'd be particularly interested to see if there is a tilt angle difference between the right/up and left/up inputs. More interesting would be if there is then also a difference between the right/back and left back inputs.

You may have guessed that I'm suspecting that the right/front - left/back motors or props don't develop as much thrust as the left/front - right/back motors or props.
@sar104

Agreed - that would be a useful test.

@sar104
@BudWalker & @sar104 ...

Just have to ask as I smell a slight misunderstanding here ... I have a Mavic Air, which behaves properly, my earlier test flight for this thread with it was merely to get my head (and others) around the fact that the pitch angle isn't always the same as the tilt angle once a roll angle larger then 0 is applied. (As claims were made that the pitch wasn't near the specified tilt in the user manual, this in a side wind situation)

Wouldn't it be better to use a Mavic Mini to carry out your proposed test flight Budwalker?

Can of course do the test with my Air to get some comparison data (will probably do it just because you woke up my curiosity :cool: ) but it will need to wait until the weekend so I can catch some day light ... back at office now after the Christmas/New Years Eve holidays, dark going to work & dark coming home :( .

@BudWalker & @sar104 ...

Just have to ask as I smell a slight misunderstanding here ... I have a Mavic Air, which behaves properly, my earlier test flight for this thread with it was merely to get my head (and others) around the fact that the pitch angle isn't always the same as the tilt angle once a roll angle larger then 0 is applied. (As claims were made that the pitch wasn't near the specified tilt in the user manual, this in a side wind situation)

Wouldn't it be better to use a Mavic Mini to carry out your proposed test flight Budwalker?

Can of course do the test with my Air to get some comparison data (will probably do it just because you woke up my curiosity :cool: ) but it will need to wait until the weekend so I can catch some day light ... back at office now after the Christmas/New Years Eve holidays, dark going to work & dark coming home :( .
Yes, it's all about the blow away issue that the MM has. I should've noticed that your .DAT was from a Mavic Air.

Maybe someone with a MM can do the experiment.

dark going to work & dark coming home
Sorry to barge in but I just wanted to say I don't miss winter at all (low latitudes rock!)

-------
Also, following this thread with very keen eyes and learning, thank you guys!

Sorry to barge in but I just wanted to say I don't miss winter at all (low latitudes rock!)

-------
Also, following this thread with very keen eyes and learning, thank you guys!
Jupp ... it sucks. Today sun up 08:51AM & down again at 03:19PM :(:oops:;):D:p

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent