DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini update, manual white balance

Mavic Mini update: manual white balance.
Also another quite dangerous feature

Manual white balance is a dangerous feature ?? how do you work that out, and where are waypoints, i cant see that in the app

Thank you for posting and sharing this!

For someone like me who knows nothing about photography (other than point and shoot), the examples you provided are more than enough to get the main idea and see how they affect the resulting video.

@Exphantomflyer he was referring to the new options added when pressing RTH.

Loved the Mount Etna shoot!

For someone like me who knows nothing about photography (other than point and shoot), the examples you provided are more than enough to get the main idea and see how they affect the resulting video.

ahh right, big debate about that over at the DJI forum, i dont think it is a dangerous feature, the land where you are on lost signal is a good idea, as proven by the extensive thread on the subject.

it is a bad idea, because you may be over the water or over the woods, it is a good idea for DJI to put the blame on you, pilot error...thats a good idea :))

Reactions: vicvideopic
it is a bad idea, because you may be over the water or over the woods, it is a good idea for DJI to put the blame on you, pilot error...thats a good idea :))
I like it.Options for RTH or land are decided based on where I am flying.I just make the choice part of my preflight checklist now.Choices are a nice feature.

I just make the choice part of my preflight checklist now.Choices are a nice feature.

I think this is crucial, making it a habit and incorporate this on the preflight checklist. If the setting doesn't default to RTH and keeps the last used value, that's when thing can go wrong.

Reactions: NG Wildman

Thanks,
I am glad you found it useful

I agree,
landing in case of loss of signal can only lead to troubles. I fail to see any occasion where this can be useful

Reactions: WooZie
I like it.Options for RTH or land are decided based on where I am flying.I just make the choice part of my preflight checklist now.Choices are a nice feature.
I can understand the option Hover, in rare occasions, like flying indoors or under trees, but I fail to see a situation where I would want to land on the spot

Mavic Mini update: manual white balance.
Also another quite dangerous feature

I like the option to decide what to do in loss of signal. I sometimes fly in a warehouse that has LOTS of wi-fi access points, so plenty of potential interference. The last thing i want it to do is go into RTH mode. As rising to any height would crash straight into the roof, or some of the supporting metalwork. Simply landing could also be problematic, so hovering until I can get the controller closer is the best option.

I have had one issue since doing the upgrade, on my first flight, which lasted 25 minutes, the flight data only partially recorded. The data on the dji Fly app says it lasted 1 minute. The data sync'd with my airdata account shows it as 3 minutes.

The second flight seems to have recorded properly.

I like the option to decide what to do in loss of signal. I sometimes fly in a warehouse that has LOTS of wi-fi access points, so plenty of potential interference. The last thing i want it to do is go into RTH mode. As rising to any height would crash straight into the roof, or some of the supporting metalwork. Simply landing could also be problematic, so hovering until I can get the controller closer is the best option.

I have had one issue since doing the upgrade, on my first flight, which lasted 25 minutes, the flight data only partially recorded. The data on the dji Fly app says it lasted 1 minute. The data sync'd with my airdata account shows it as 3 minutes.

The second flight seems to have recorded properly.
Yes, I agree on the option Hover to be useful in certain circumstances.
Is the option Land that I don't find useful and can be dangerous

I think this is crucial, making it a habit and incorporate this on the preflight checklist. If the setting doesn't default to RTH and keeps the last used value, that's when thing can go wrong.
Agree,
if it is on your check list, then it is a useful feature

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise