DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini -update rth

Mycallhill

Reactions
Guys can someone please help me?;my mini returns to home ok every time but I want to know how to use the “update homepoint”function;I know on the screen there is a drag facility to new homepoint then hit ok to update but there are 2 icons shown also;a controller and what looks like the aircraft itself???;is it possible to touch the controller icon and the aircraft will return to the new controller position?if I have say walked 100 mtrs from original take off point?
Other issue I have is with the drag capability;I tried dragging the H(homepoint icon)to the blue icon on the screen thinking this was my position(referenced from the controller ) but I don’t think this is the case?-I have looked through mini user manual and there are no clear instructions;thanks

You can touch the controller or aircraft position indicator and ok new home point, or slide the map around and position a new home point. When you take off fly out 21m and return to your original take off, then reset somewhere safe and retest, it worked for me today

Brilliant thanks for fast response;so on the update screen H(inside yellow circle)= hompepiont(drag this to where you want new HP;arrowhead icon =drone itself;now what is the blue circle also shown on the screen??;this is what I mistook to be my ground position ;I dragged the H over this then selected ok;drone ended up flying in totally wrong direction;obviously aborted and took control;unable to test today;very windy;;thanks again MH

The blue circle would be your/controller position as reported by your device's location services. That can be inaccurate even with the device having GPS, as I experienced not that long ago with the Go app on an Android tablet. Trying to set HP based on RC position said device GPS was weak, when a sensor test app said GPS was good.

TDZHDTV—thanks for pointing me in the right direction;I did exactly as you said and hit the controller icon;came back to my new location;real great bit of kit;;now I have another question;if I landed 500 metres away and drone was on level flat Surface could I effect a take off from that location-thank you

TDZHDTV—thanks for pointing me in the right direction;I did exactly as you said and hit the controller icon;came back to my new location;real great bit of kit;;now I have another question;if I landed 500 metres away and drone was on level flat Surface could I effect a take off from that location-thank you
Hi, I’ve never done this, but assuming you have enough battery and the motors have stopped, I believe the aircraft will record a new home point at that new takeoff position. If you want the home point to be your location (controller) you’ll have to set it in the app manually as previous post or else the aircraft will return to its last take off position.

Reactions: Capt KO
As long as you are receiving telemetry, even with no video, you should be able to start your motors and take off at that distance. If you don’t have it already, you should regain full gps control and video, with height. Have fun, fly safe.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54