DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini versus the spark

Jet skier

Reactions
I do not have a Mavic miny but I do own a spark and I was curious does the Mavic mini have a better flight control than the spark ?

I would say the spark is better, the mini has a yaw delay programmed into it, the spark is more responsive

Both being wifi I expect there would be little difference in distance etc achievable.
I stay pretty close with my Spark, and it gets to up a km or so, no worries with ARCII strobe fitted for VLOS, but haven't pushed past that as I normally stay closer . . . even with the M1P.
The Spark seems bombproof, and is smaller in the air than the mini too (mini is smaller folded obviously).
I secretly love flying it when I take it on trips (by plane), but the M1P is my go drone if it's local or on a driving trip.

I would have liked a mini for travel to other countries, for the sub 250g general allowance to fly without rego or licencing etc, but it seems this will probably change, and the mini is just too unreliable, released too early and it still seems to be 'buggy' in various ways.
I've almost discounted DJI fixing the mini issues, so unlikely I'll be in the market for one at any stage now.
Then there's the wind problem.

I think my next drone will be a high range FPV with GP7 or 8, for cinematic FPV flying.

Yeah I’m trying to decide if it’s worth trading in my spark for a mini sounds like it probably isn’t worth it. The spark is pretty tough to get cinematic video off of and the mini can’t fly in the wind my go to drone is the M 2 P but I hate flying in risky shots

Reactions: Mrmund
Both being wifi I expect there would be little difference in distance etc achievable.
I stay pretty close with my Spark, and it gets to up a km or so, no worries with ARCII strobe fitted for VLOS, but haven't pushed past that as I normally stay closer . . . even with the M1P.
The Spark seems bombproof, and is smaller in the air than the mini too (mini is smaller folded obviously).
I secretly love flying it when I take it on trips (by plane), but the M1P is my go drone if it's local or on a driving trip.

I would have liked a mini for travel to other countries, for the sub 250g general allowance to fly without rego or licencing etc, but it seems this will probably change, and the mini is just too unreliable, released too early and it still seems to be 'buggy' in various ways.
I've almost discounted DJI fixing the mini issues, so unlikely I'll be in the market for one at any stage now.
Then there's the wind problem.

I think my next drone will be a high range FPV with GP7 or 8, for cinematic FPV flying.
Thanks for your input

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daamian86