DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Water Crash ( Small Stream )

UPDATE :
The Mavic Mini works fine ! Everything is working . Just the battery died . I have a fly more combo so no problem !

What to do if your drone hits fresh water :
1. Get the drone and turn OFF immediately.
2. Remove battery immediately
3. Wash it with demineralised water ( this is the best option )
4. Dry for 1 day
5. Was it with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol ( 2 - Propanol )
6. Dry for 1 day
7. Put it in rice for 72 hours ( 3 days ) ( sealed )

8.Remove drones . Test without propellers.
9. If all fine attach propellers
10. Test the drone about 2 meters high only for 30 minutes ( drain the battery )
11. Repeat 10 with another battery .

12. Go to a field and test again with 2 batteries .

13.RTFM in future and don’t do stunts .

Also attached new propellers, just in case

*Warning : Do not use old battery . Buy a new one

Uploading video on YouTube in a week .
Will post it here

Last edited:
Good to see it survive

UPDATE :
The Mavic Mini works fine ! Everything is working . Just the battery died . I have a fly more combo so no problem !

What to do if your drone hits fresh water :
1. Get the drone and turn OFF immediately.
2. Remove battery immediately
3. Wash it with demineralised water ( this is the best option )
4. Dry for 1 day
5. Was it with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol ( 2 - Propanol )
6. Dry for 1 day
7. Put it in rice for 72 hours ( 3 days ) ( sealed )

The only thing I would change is the timings for 3-7. My understanding is if you flush it with distilled water, you then want to get the alcohol on it as soon as possible. As Iannes also noted, if possible, you want to open the drone up as much as you feel comfortable, and lightly scrub away with the alcohol and a soft brush or cotton swab any corrosion you can see starting to form. Once you have scrubbed all the visible corrosion you can see, then immediately put the drone into the rice. You don't want to delay between these steps if possible.

H
The only thing I would change is the timings for 3-7. My understanding is if you flush it with distilled water, you then want to get the alcohol on it as soon as possible. As Iannes also noted, if possible, you want to open the drone up as much as you feel comfortable, and lightly scrub away with the alcohol and a soft brush or cotton swab any corrosion you can see starting to form. Once you have scrubbed all the visible corrosion you can see, then immediately put the drone into the rice. You don't want to delay between these steps if possible.
Hey . Ok will keep this in mind while making the video

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan