DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Winner or what?

Co
I'm disappointed with the NFZ issue of not yet being able to unlock. That said, I was not going to spend $1,000 on a drone. Heck, for the last year I was looking at the Mavic 2 for something like $1,800 ... just can not justify the cost.

For $500, I bought in.

The size, price, flight time, three-axis gimbal and 2.7k is what pushed me to jump in. Not the 249 gram weight or exemption from FAA registration. I thought the video on the reviews looked **** good compared to other drones at that price point. Honestly, IMO it was a lot better.

This is a beginner drone with quite a few features. It is what it is.

Also remember this is the Internet. When it comes to anything you buy, folks are much more likely to log in and complain about stuff as compared to those who log in and say everything works as expected.

I'm a perfect example. You probably would not have heard a peep from me yesterday if everything went well. I would have flown, downloaded the footage, worked on editing said footage, and planned where to fly next.

Well said Steve495! Couldn't have said it better Myself.

I have been a long time drone wannabe, but couldn't really justify the cost.
The 399 price tag caught my attention, especially because:
* Its DJI (stability, GPS, etc.)
* Full gimbaled camera
* Portable

I am two days in and the closest thing I have to remorse is:
* 25 min flight time is is a _long_ time (did I need the 3 batteries?).
* 120m height and 300m distance (the local regulations) is "huge", (I was getting worried that I would be missing out with the CE version).
* My muscle memory from gaming (HOTAS + Elite Dangerous) is at odds with the default drone behavior
* I haven't got a lot of work done since last week...
* I got it stuck in a tree (the shame and caught on video)
RE - gaming muscle memory...you should be able to change the joy stick modes to suit what you are used to

Reactions: m0nk3y and LeSchmoo
Has anyone seen some good comparison reviews between the Air and the MM? I've always thought it weird that they are often comparing it to the spark when it seems to offer much more bang for its buck. I'm not a huge fan of the enhanced wifi connection - has always seemed to be choppy at the worst moments, and am also not so happy with the loss of some active track systems. I've come to realise that I don't really care about the object avoidance systems or the 4k camera on the Air. Do you think the active track could be added in a firmware update? Lots of questions, lots of thoughts... I think I just need to find one to play with.

As the Mavic Minis are now being flown, in all locations around the globe, the newness of the drone should begin to wear off! As I read some of the postings, I am particularly grateful my curiosity of the MM has waned. I admit, I honestly had no desire to even consider purchase of MM! I read more and more, in the postings, of words of disappointment than of praise: Camera . . . GoFly . . . Not compatible with my phone/tablet . . . To register or not . . . Exempt from the FAA . . . Still waiting to receive . . . No unlock for NFZs . . . to name a few.

Misgivings of a hurried purchase! I really am waiting to hear of the good news of the the hype/purchase. All I read is of the grief, the buyer’s remorse! I am left with the impression the market may become flooded, in the near future, with MM’s for sell. Not what I want to read about. What I want, is to read/view stories of those spur of the moment photos/videos taken with the Mavic Mini. I say spur of the moment or opportunity flights, because after all, it is designed to be a “take me along drone“. I want to hear/view the wonderful opportunity stories/photos/videos. I want to read or view videos/photos that tell me I should jump on the bandwagon as well! Not the doom and gloom stories that are over abundant! Is this the drone that perhaps will be the envy or boon?
As soon as DJI fixes the silliness of preventing the Mini to take off.....OR cancelling the Hold

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00