DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Winner or what?

Check when the drone isn't connected if its there. The screenshot was with the drone not connected, since I'm waiting for my order. I'm in Africa so we always show up late to the party.
I don't have a Mini, so only option is with drone disconnected.

So since I did confirm a difference between iOS and Android with regards to Signal Loss, I thought I'd try M2 with Fly on iOS. That too rejects connection "Device not supported". I do have Go 4 installed and successfully connected to M2 with that.

So
I don't have a Mini, so only option is with drone disconnected.

So since I did confirm a difference between iOS and Android with regards to Signal Loss, I thought I'd try M2 with Fly on iOS. That too rejects connection "Device not supported". I do have Go 4 installed and successfully connected to M2 with that.
It's just a bug they'll sort out in time. Hopefully we see a nice update before December.

screenshot_20191113-163025-jpg.85469
Ric's screenshot shows it right at the top.
Signal Lost "when the aircraft becomes disconnected from RC, it will return to home, descend, or hover."
Emergency Propeller Stop
Payload Mode
Just installed on my iPad. Indeed it is missing from there.
Check when the drone isn't connected if its there. The screenshot was with the drone not connected, since I'm waiting for my order. I'm in Africa so we always show up late to the party.

Indeed, might be an IOS thing then, was beginning to think they just did it to Fly in Australia or something.
I have Fly on my iphone6, only for a look, no aircraft., but think that's what you are doing too Dan.

Most likely another little non working item for some users, makes a change from the usually perfect IOS compatibility.

In the Safety advanced menu only CSC options.

Fly_safety_advanced.jpg

Reactions: Dannick
ok question I don't understand why signal, loss has anything to do with IOS or android. The signal goes from the RC to the AC the tablet or phone is just used for viewing the info going back and forth and of course the flight. Only time would be if your using the phone as the controller or do I just have no clue :rolleyes:

ok question I don't understand why signal, loss has anything to do with IOS or android. The signal goes from the RC to the AC the tablet or phone is just used for viewing the info going back and forth and of course the flight. Only time would be if your using the phone as the controller or do I just have no clue :rolleyes:

It's obviously not in the IOS Fly options yet, must be flattening some of those bugs that new software can have.

It was being discussed as if the option was there if signal was lost, this is always appeared in the Go4 settings, so too for Fly.

If signal is lost between controller and MM, you have no control, and if in default, usually RTH at the set altitude (in the MM this appears to reset between flights to 15m RTH altitude, so needs to be set EVERY flight to suit surroundings.
This is probably a good thing, and many just leave it at the default in Go4.

But, it's good to be able to set it to hover if the flight circumstances suit it better than RTH.

It might be you may have missed what the discussion was about- there seems to be no argument concerning actual controller to drone connection performance, at least not with respect to the device OS used as a display. The discussion is about what Return To Home actions are selectable and if there might be a difference for the apple vs android app versions.

Reactions: Dannick
Please stop calling Signal Loss setting as RTH setting. The latter is an action of the former. In manuals, they also call it Fail Safe.

Now assuming that the setting isn't in the firmware, being that the option appears in Android version suggests it will be an actual setting in the near future.
If it is in the firmware, then you'll need an Android to set it.

Gee, I hope none of the limits reset on each flight or app restart. Note that making changes to some settings without connection to AC often do reset, since they have nowhere to be stored. Limits would be stored in the AC.

Now if any one was expecting all the bells and whistles and technology of a $1500 drone for $399 then there is the reason why they are complaining
not, of course, but, this little model got same class cpu as in bigger mavics, so, they actually could put 2 more cameras for front object avoidance. as well as they could do a 4k60 video stream supported.
could, but did not do.

not, of course, but, this little model got same class cpu as in bigger mavics, so, they actually could put 2 more cameras for front object avoidance. as well as they could do a 4k60 video stream supported.
could, but did not do.
Are you sure about that? The Ambarella H22 can provide positioning (using an optical flow sensor input) however doesn’t seem, at least to the extent the features are documented, to have the capability to provide useful obstacle avoidance. The OA equipped DJI birds all run the Movidius SOC for OA.

I hope so Paul.
Think DJI know, they took that option off the Spark a while ago, darn thing now will only RTH in same circumstance.
They better not do it with other Mavics or they will lose custom.

Just waiting to confirm if you do need cellular to use the Fly app.
If you do, then I'm out, too many remote places in the World that don't have coverage, especially Australia outside the 99% population areas (vast).

Manual says you only need it for activation, then you don't as long as you pre-cache the map to update GPS Zones I guess.
page 34
1573688486345.png

When I disable all data and open the app it says: "Network Unavailable" Will test this tomorrow outside my Blue Zone...

Geofencing won't be affected by access to internet. Database is pre-loaded when you update firmware or a database update is available, and AC provides your coordinates. It's just a list of numbers to the AC.
However you do need internet or cached maps for YOU to see the zones, as that's a graphical picture.

The more I read about the Mini, and considering how SMALL it is, i just may order one to keep with me at (nearly) all times.

That zippered case will fit under the seat of my car, or beneath my ski parka. I could take it many places I'd never take my M2P.

Reactions: WWMav
You might not want to keep it in your car all the time. Although the battery type used in the Mini is different than in the other Mavics, Lithium Ion batteries of any type do not do well with heat, particularly when fully charged.
That's probably why my original 3 M2 batteries have swelled. Left them in the car too long last summer.

It might be you may have missed what the discussion was about- there seems to be no argument concerning actual controller to drone connection performance, at least not with respect to the device OS used as a display. The discussion is about what Return To Home actions are selectable and if there might be a difference for the apple vs android app versions.
this could be true LOL

Are you sure about that? The Ambarella H22 can provide positioning (using an optical flow sensor input) however doesn’t seem, at least to the extent the features are documented, to have the capability to provide useful obstacle avoidance. The OA equipped DJI birds all run the Movidius SOC for OA.
i think you are right - positioning feature is not at all the same as avoidance. may be indeed they did not have a choice. my bad.

As the Mavic Minis are now being flown, in all locations around the globe, the newness of the drone should begin to wear off! As I read some of the postings, I am particularly grateful my curiosity of the MM has waned. I admit, I honestly had no desire to even consider purchase of MM! I read more and more, in the postings, of words of disappointment than of praise: Camera . . . GoFly . . . Not compatible with my phone/tablet . . . To register or not . . . Exempt from the FAA . . . Still waiting to receive . . . No unlock for NFZs . . . to name a few.

Misgivings of a hurried purchase! I really am waiting to hear of the good news of the the hype/purchase. All I read is of the grief, the buyer’s remorse! I am left with the impression the market may become flooded, in the near future, with MM’s for sell. Not what I want to read about. What I want, is to read/view stories of those spur of the moment photos/videos taken with the Mavic Mini. I say spur of the moment or opportunity flights, because after all, it is designed to be a “take me along drone“. I want to hear/view the wonderful opportunity stories/photos/videos. I want to read or view videos/photos that tell me I should jump on the bandwagon as well! Not the doom and gloom stories that are over abundant! Is this the drone that perhaps will be the envy or boon?

Yeah, I had little to no interest in the MM, seems like most everyone is having some kind of issue. Will stick with what I have.

Yeah, I had little to no interest in the MM, seems like most everyone is having some kind of issue. Will stick with what I have.
Good for you. You can find an issue with anything, just depends on what angle you look at it from and the mood your in.

Reactions: LibbyLA
The more I read about the Mini, and considering how SMALL it is, i just may order one to keep with me at (nearly) all times.

That zippered case will fit under the seat of my car, or beneath my ski parka. I could take it many places I'd never take my M2P.

I'm with you here, between the compact size and super light weight, and attractive price tag, there is finally a drone out that has moved my personal scale to the tipping point where I will now go and buy one(think I'll place the order this weekend unless my wife strongly hints that there may be Mavic Mini under the Christmas tree for me if I can stay off the naughty list for a few more weeks).

Looking forward to joining the group as an actual drone pilot in the near future. I suspect many other people will be buying these as a first timer between now and Christmas as well.

Reactions: Hauptmann
As the Mavic Minis are now being flown, in all locations around the globe, the newness of the drone should begin to wear off! As I read some of the postings, I am particularly grateful my curiosity of the MM has waned. I admit, I honestly had no desire to even consider purchase of MM! I read more and more, in the postings, of words of disappointment than of praise: Camera . . . GoFly . . . Not compatible with my phone/tablet . . . To register or not . . . Exempt from the FAA . . . Still waiting to receive . . . No unlock for NFZs . . . to name a few.

Misgivings of a hurried purchase! I really am waiting to hear of the good news of the the hype/purchase. All I read is of the grief, the buyer’s remorse! I am left with the impression the market may become flooded, in the near future, with MM’s for sell. Not what I want to read about. What I want, is to read/view stories of those spur of the moment photos/videos taken with the Mavic Mini. I say spur of the moment or opportunity flights, because after all, it is designed to be a “take me along drone“. I want to hear/view the wonderful opportunity stories/photos/videos. I want to read or view videos/photos that tell me I should jump on the bandwagon as well! Not the doom and gloom stories that are over abundant! Is this the drone that perhaps will be the envy or boon?
Got my MM on the 11th and I already flew it seven times in five days without any problem except for a few bugs in the app that needs to be ironed out. You expect that from any new dji releases , just like my MP and the Spark. I like the wifi compared to the Spark plus the battery life. I don’t care about the sensors, I never use them on my Spark just to extend the battery life a little bit. With the size, I think it will replace my Spark as my come along pet.

3 minutes into watching the first review on YT I knew the MM wasn’t anything to get hyped about. Most of the YT guys that are so called “hyped” are the enablers who got the drone for free from DJI and are paid (in a way) to over sell the product. What the MM will do is allow irresponsible flying with less legal jargon giving droning in general more bad publicity!
For my 2 cents worth from New Zealand.
I ordered the MM on 5th Nov from the New Zealand supplier, it was delivered as promised on 11th, app was downloaded and the cute machine has been used every day since.....handles similarly to my Platinum, controls average windy conditions fine, I am impressed and 2.7k video is all my ipad will import. So far I am impressed with the quality, price and performance

Reactions: Chief1301
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143