DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Music Video "Oh, How We Flew!" Shot At A State Fair

CC Rider

Reactions
Hi, folks. Recently I've been in touch with some former classmates planning our 40th class reunion scheduled for this October. All of this Class of '77 Reunion talk got me remembering each of them and the rolling times we had way back when. It simply went by too fast. Good years!

We must have been something to see, all new and shiny with youth, with eyes wide open and no reason to think there was nothing we couldn't do. Invincible.

To that end, here is a little video I put together with a song which I dedicate to each of my old school chums and the spirit of our class, using flyovers around a carnival setting - the Delaware State Fair -as a metaphor for life. It's titled, "Oh, How We Flew!" I hope you like it. Any feedback is welcome.

Nice video and a good project, but flying over crowds of people is a bad idea. You could have avoided doing that and still had a nice video.

Reactions: Gotcha
Nice video and a good project, but flying over crowds of people is a bad idea. You could have avoided doing that and still had a nice video.

True. And usually I do exactly that. I tried avoiding the crowds and shot most of it on the periphery of the grounds, flying mainly over empty grassy areas and covered buildings where people were not present. But I did push the envelope a little. However, even then I took efforts to avoid people at every instance I could by constantly turning the gimbal downward to keep track of them and flying in paths where they were not congregated beneath me.

Thanks for watching and for your feedback, including your tip. I appreciate it..

Reactions: Mr. Salty
The Iowa State Fair is about to start here and I'm starting to look at maps to see whether I can shoot any photos and videos without going over people or even the fairgrounds themselves.

I'm sure country fairs are at least as big and important in Iowa as they are here in the rural area in which I live in Delaware. Good luck with your project. The sights, lights and attractions of a fair offer unique filming and photographic opportunities. The Mavic is well suited for the job, even if flown from a distance. Safe flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman