DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic news on Aug 22?

Mavic90701

Reactions
I just received the summer sale email. Summer Sale

Half way down the page is a note about making your Mavic "unstoppable" on Aug 22. Any know what they are taking about?

cd0a017b6a179b5013f089b5d35fd08b.jpg

Extended battery? I can imagine it would only need a larger hump on the back. (Something like this.)

17cce07ad147ee8388edad0cc6fc7c1b.jpg

Either that or something lame like the "fly more package" sold without the drone. [emoji6]

Reactions: Former Member
Extended battery? I can imagine it would only need a larger hump on the back. (Something like this.)

17cce07ad147ee8388edad0cc6fc7c1b.jpg

Either that or something lame like the "fly more package" sold without the drone. [emoji6]

An extended life/higher mah OEM DJI battery would be an outstanding idea, no mods necessary, and Im sure that the DJI engineers would make the battery sit right on top of the Mavics CG. The only issue would be prop clearance over a larger thicker battery. A nice dream if they could make it happen but I havent heard any news about a new battery.

The only other thing that would make the Mavic in DJI's words "Unstoppable" would be to make the whole drone out of kevlar. :D

I wonder.. with a dremel and a little work, if you could add to or replace the stock battery reusing all the "intelligent" internals?

Prop clearance issues would only be while folded, correct? When the arms are out, I don't think the props are over the battery (headed for work, so will have to check later).

Last edited:
If you look a little closer, you'll notice that every item they advertise has something "special" coming on August 22nd. So with that said, I doubt it has anything to do with Mavic hardware. Probably just a good deal.

Next to the advertisements, it has blurred out images. In the Mavic's and Phantom's ad, it does seem to resemble something in the shape of their respective batteries. In my opinion it looks like 3 items: a battery, sd card and something else. Maybe some sort of combo? If you look at the phantom 4's blurred image, it also shows a battery with 2 mystery items that are exactly the same as the Mavic's. I'm sure it's probably just a combo that you can now buy separately. Essentially, the fly more combo without the drone as Mavic90701 said above. Or an extra battery, sd card and something else for the base price of 999.

Edit: Found out the mystery items. It is in fact a battery, a Micro SD Adapter and a 64gb Micro SD card. Not that great of a deal.

Last edited:
The props do not come near the battery. I have mine on my desk and just checked it.

If you look a little closer, you'll notice that every item they advertise has something "special" coming on August 22nd. So with that said, I doubt it has anything to do with Mavic hardware. Probably just a good deal.

Next to the advertisements, it has blurred out images. In the Mavic's and Phantom's ad, it does seem to resemble something in the shape of their respective batteries. In my opinion it looks like 3 items: a battery, sd card and something else. Maybe some sort of combo? If you look at the phantom 4's blurred image, it also shows a battery with 2 mystery items that are exactly the same as the Mavic's. I'm sure it's probably just a combo that you can now buy separately. Essentially, the fly more combo without the drone as Mavic90701 said above. Or an extra battery, sd card and something else for the base price of 999.

Yeah I think unstoppable just means adding more batteries and an SD card to your collection. I would expect that better batteries will come out with the Mavic2. I am hoping that they are the same size with just more power density and can fit the Mavic Pro.

Rob

Bullet proof armour and anti-elecrtonic counter measures? [emoji12]

Reactions: WizDrone
05fc983dd565eb71eaac76a7087d70ca.jpg

How can your props not come near the battery? You never fold up your Mavic?

Take the props off - easy peasey.
I'd love an extended battery - that'd be the best new item period. I think the top bulge would be the easiest way but you could make it like saddlebags too...
nasa-super-guppy-landing.jpg

Reactions: Mavrack

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54