DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic package-carrier hook. Any ideas?

So I live in an awesome neighborhood where my neighbors and I all have rooftop decks. I grill on my roof a lot and would love to be able to fly to my neighbors’ roofs with a package or two of grilled food for them.

I’m inspired by this video:

So, does anyone have a good idea for something to wrap around the body of the Mavic with a hook hanging down, so it’s easy to put a plastic bag full of food hanging from it? The idea is to hover on the roof while said neighbors easily unhook bag of food, and then I fly back. Max distance travelled is about 125 feet.

I want to be a local hero this summer.

You are making me hungry [emoji39]

Please use 550 Paracord ! It has an amazing tensile strength in relation to its size and weight. Its not crazy expensive either.

550 pounds

Type III, a type commonly found in use, is nominally rated with a minimum breaking strength of 550 pounds, thus the nickname "550 cord". All six types are specified to have a minimum elongation of 30%.

Please use 550 Paracord ! It has an amazing tensile strength in relation to its size and weight. Its not crazy expensive either.

550 pounds

Type III, a type commonly found in use, is nominally rated with a minimum breaking strength of 550 pounds, thus the nickname "550 cord". All six types are specified to have a minimum elongation of 30%.

550 pounds? I'm not sure that's enough weight limit for the Mavic to carry. I intend to transport my WHOLE family with the Mavic. :D

Its amazing stuff! Originally used for parachutes hence the name. It was important to have a very high tensile strength with a light weight. Lots of the survivalist types always take some with them on thier adventures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan