DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic package-carrier hook. Any ideas?

That 540 is by the power of ten! My truck idles faster than 540 rpm!!! In fact it would stall, let alone take off!!

Here: They are 920kv so max is 920rpm / volt = 11592 rpm @ 12.6V

Yes you are right , they should be 5400rpm

Reactions: Simmo
it's a fun idea. sure, there is some element of danger, but the risks are no greater than hand catching mavic.

I would use rubber bands around the body/battery of mavic to secure a short piece of rope that has a hook on the end.

Dji actually has an official video of matrice delivering a bag of goodies this way. They use like a 6 foot rope with a hook furthest from the drone. This is likely a good idea.

image.png

image.png
I second the above poster that you should not use the rear legs. Rather, for max stability and weight lifting capacity, the hook should be near the mavics center of gravity.

Reactions: NinjaNut
No, it needs to be centered on the mavic.

For the COG ? It's going to be struggling where you put it, but you could center it.

The best thing is the Drone Fishing Gannet, but I'm not sure if it can handle the max payload of the Mavic which is about 400grams
The bait I use with it is much lighter, as the unit held on with a rubber o-ring , I'm not sure how strong the 3d printed parts and o-ring are.

Drone Fishing: GANNET - Fishing with DJI drones

Cool neighbors. Be careful if using string hanging down. Someone posted something similar, and props got tangled, and cause the drone to crash.

Cool neighbors. Be careful if using string hanging down. Someone posted something similar, and props got tangled, and cause the drone to crash.

Your right, it needs to have some sort of rigidity in it.

This is my new addition..... no doubt a pass/fail vid coming soon!!!
View attachment 29184

What's that normally used for, "frontal lobotomies", strange piece of kit, how are you planning to use it ?
Is it for catching muddies without having your fingers sheared off ?

I'm intrigued

Reactions: NinjaNut
What's that normally used for, "frontal lobotomies", strange piece of kit, how are you planning to use it ?
Is it for catching muddies without having your fingers sheared off ?

I'm intrigued
Haha!!!
I dunno mate!!!
I was searching around and found it, thought 'I gotta have one!!'
I looked on YT and no one has one yet, so I might trya nd get awww 50mill views and make a quid??
I just gotta work out how to pick up Mr T's toupe........

it's a fun idea. sure, there is some element of danger, but the risks are no greater than hand catching mavic.

I would use rubber bands around the body/battery of mavic to secure a short piece of rope that has a hook on the end.

Dji actually has an official video of matrice delivering a bag of goodies this way. They use like a 6 foot rope with a hook furthest from the drone. This is likely a good idea.

View attachment 29177

View attachment 29178
I second the above poster that you should not use the rear legs. Rather, for max stability and weight lifting capacity, the hook should be near the mavics center of gravity.

I don’t have a good way to keep something in the middle without sliding around. I’m all ears/eyes for ideas...

A couple of rubber bands easily exceed the cargo carrying capacity of mavic. And they are easy to put on/take off when you swap batteries.

image.jpeg P

Kite string or fishing line seems dangerous because it's so light.

Rope isn't so bad. I've been doing s lot of flying lately with rope hanging off of mavic.

Something more substantial and or a little weight on the end should make flying safer. Also, having a slow descent rate is a good idea too.

A couple of rubber bands easily exceed the cargo carrying capacity of mavic. And they are easy to put on/take off when you swap batteries.

View attachment 29232 P

I like that. Looks like you can carry a bag with that bread-bag closing thingy.

Benefit of having weight in the middle of the Mavic is spreading the weight load among all motors versus the rear of the Mavic where it puts more strain on those rear motors.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Put a small weight at the end of the line to keep is from flopping back to the props

Here is a video I shot yesterday of mavic carrying a rope utilizing the rubber band setup pictured above:

This is my homemade drop mechanism.....but I think that in the OPs case, a
Hook that the recipient can undo is actually a better method of delivering lunch.

Another pro tip is that by flying backwards you get a pretty decent view of the payload.

If you fly forward it is easier to deliver the goods but makes for boring video.

Thank you for the replies. I’m happy to use a bent coat hanger. My concern is strapping the coat hanger to the Mavic in the first place. Not sure how best to secure it...

Universal connector - duct tape

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78