DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic package-carrier hook. Any ideas?

WilliamG

Reactions
So I live in an awesome neighborhood where my neighbors and I all have rooftop decks. I grill on my roof a lot and would love to be able to fly to my neighbors’ roofs with a package or two of grilled food for them.

I’m inspired by this video:

So, does anyone have a good idea for something to wrap around the body of the Mavic with a hook hanging down, so it’s easy to put a plastic bag full of food hanging from it? The idea is to hover on the roof while said neighbors easily unhook bag of food, and then I fly back. Max distance travelled is about 125 feet.

I want to be a local hero this summer.

bent coat hanger

Thank you for the replies. I’m happy to use a bent coat hanger. My concern is strapping the coat hanger to the Mavic in the first place. Not sure how best to secure it...

Thank you for the replies. I’m happy to use a bent coat hanger. My concern is strapping the coat hanger to the Mavic in the first place. Not sure how best to secure it...

I would take a single strand of wire, thread it through one of the small feet on the rear underside of the body, then twist it closed leaving some wire to be bent up at the end to fashion the hook.

I think this way keeps it out of the way of everything

I would take a single strand of wire, thread it through one of the small feet on the rear underside of the body, then twist it closed leaving some wire to be bent up at the end to fashion the hook.

That’s perfect. Thank you. I may even go through both rear feet.

Last edited:
There is a camera between those feet.
Are you allowed to fly that close over people in your country?

What do you mean that close over people? I’m just flying across a street with no people on it, to a house with people expecting grilled food. :D

There is a camera between those feet.
Are you allowed to fly that close over people in your country?

Yes, you will have to turn the downward VPS off

What do you mean that close over people? I’m just flying across a street with no people on it, to a house with people expecting grilled food. :D
[QUOTE="WilliamG]
The idea is to hover on the roof while said neighbors easily unhook bag of food, and then I fly back[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="WilliamG]
The idea is to hover on the roof while said neighbors easily unhook bag of food, and then I fly back
[/QUOTE]

I can think of worse things to hit you on the head, than a nice half rack of smoke ribs.

Anyway you could with FPV, just fly it up the street at waist level and drop it off at the door, nothing above people anywhere.

By the way, heaps of aussies have overflown people, even though our regulations prohibit it, just check youtube for all the infractions

I can think of worse things to hit you on the head, than a nice half rack of smoke ribs.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah props at 10k rpm!!!

Yeah props at 10k rpm!!![/QUOTE]

They actually spin at 540 rpm, you can see that on your controller screen, but I do get the sentiment, lucky he's not transporting a litre of chocolate ice cream, now that would do some damage

Yeah props at 10k rpm!!!

They actually spin at 540 rpm, you can see that on your controller screen, but I do get the sentiment, lucky he's not transporting a litre of chocolate ice cream, now that would do some damage[/QUOTE]

That 540 is by the power of ten! My truck idles faster than 540 rpm!!! In fact it would stall, let alone take off!!

Here: They are 920kv so max is 920rpm / volt = 11592 rpm @ 12.6V

Reactions: HWCM

No, it needs to be centered on the mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78