DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B&H Photo Crazy Packaging

Daytona500

Reactions
My wide angle lens came today it came in a 8x10x6 in box with a ton of bubble stuff, then wrapped in a 10x6x12 in plastic bag. The box the lens is in is 2x2x1" . what crazy waste of materials to send this thing. I mean come on this could have been shipped in a much much smaller box .

Attachments

• 20240113_142511.jpg
    20240113_142511.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
You know, it's 2024 and you would think everybody should be like Amazon these days. The truth is "B&H is not a big box store, or a faceless chain... or a personality-free zone. B&H is a group of people who are passionate about the things you're passionate about—from photography, film, music and audio to art and technology, creating and imagining." Sometimes, they just run out of boxes...or run out of time and just want to make sure you get the product you ordered on time. With this one, maybe a new product hasn't yet been assigned the preferred box size and instead of waiting a week to figure out the system backend stuff, they put the customer first and somebody grabs your product the minute it arrives and they fedex it to you so you won't have to wait any longer than you have to. I'm sure they'll get around to working it out but it's not a huge waste compared to the other types of massive waste we see going on. Recycle the box and help us all out. Here's their story:

it came in a 8x10x6 in box with a ton of bubble stuff, then wrapped in a 10x6x12 in plastic bag
I read this at least 6 times... are you saying they packed a 12"x10"x6" box inside of a 10"x8"x6" box? If so, these guys are magicians for sure.

I don't quite understand what the packaging looked like, but it sounds like they were trying to protect the lens. I've ordered many things from B&H and am constantly pleased by their packaging. Top notch and they ship quickly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13