DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots Malaysia

Any info on Lankgowi? I’ll be there for my daughters wedding. Thanks in advance for any help or info!

@Thomas & @nisangha Langkawi island is in a restricted zone, plus if you are doing this for a wedding it might be subject to commercial rules meaning you would need a pro license as you would take a local's job.

@nisangha - Pangkor is in an airport zone so there is no legal flying there unless you ask for permission but here again you might need a pro license to apply for it. You can reach out to the these guys to help with more official info: w[email protected]

Reactions: Thomas B
Langkawi island is in a restricted zone, plus if you are doing this for a wedding it might be subject to commercial rules meaning you would need a pro license as you would take a local's job.
View attachment 77551

Pangkor is in an airport zone so there is no legal flying there unless you ask for permission but here again you might need a pro license to apply for it. You can reach out to the these guys to help with more official info: w[email protected]
View attachment 77552
@paulrawlingson ... thanks! I’ll just leave my drone at home and go snorkelling with my GoPro!
Cheers and thanks.

Reactions: paulrawlingson
Hello ! I'm from Malaysia, Johor Bahru region, just got my mavic air for about a week now, looking for people to fly drone with, share tips and experience, a hang out session. Any active drone pilots here from JB ? Get in touch with me !

Any Mavic Pilots in Malaysia?

I am based in Sarawak, although my hometown is in Selangor.

BTW, I am a licensed air traffic controller, so feel free to ask me anything related to drone regulations.

Cheers!
Actually I've been trying to clarify with CAAM on what is Class G airspace in Malaysia. According to CAAM website we're not allowed to fly in Class G airspace?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851