DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots - Thailand

Hi Collins - newbie here in Bangkok. It would be awesome if you could share your experience and ideas on how I can make the best of it in the city, but I'm happy to leave the city as well.

Hi Collins - newbie here in Bangkok. It would be awesome if you could share your experience and ideas on how I can make the best of it in the city, but I'm happy to leave the city as well.

Cant be a lot of help really. I know Bangkok very well but I have only had my Mavic a week. So I have mostly been learning the ropes and practicing flying, taking videos and stills.

I have been flying from this location which is always open and gives spectacular views of Bhumibol Bridge. 13.667, 110.540.

I think there will be spectacular shots to be had at 'Ancient Siam' but it is on the outskirts of Bangkok.

Let me know of any good places you find.

Try the Ghost Tower

Excellent view on the city and the Chayo Praya
Hi Patrick - thanks; tired to go there once and we got denied entry by the guards. We tried to be "neighbourly" but no dice.

I did go to Chatuchak Park earlier today and got some shots in... There was a guard there and he saw what I was doing but he seemed least bothered.

Thanks again, maybe I'll try the Tower one day.

The Ghost Tower has been pretty difficult to get into in the past year since the farang was found hanged there and the court cases. The sister building - Lebua - is probably a better bet. If you stay at the hotel they will let you can shoot off the roof in the morning.

I am going to go droning at Bang Krachao tomorrow - tons of space there.

The Ratchada Train Market is pretty neat.

Film quality aint great... bit of a newbie.....

Last edited:
0f5eeb7fa0f1e605dfaf5eb88aefad5d.jpg

Bangkok and asiatique at night

Always wanted to fly in Lumphini Park but I was never sure. The guards at the main gate looked at me strangelt and told me flat-out no drone.

That's why I went to Chatuchak Park instead where the guard was asleep and kept sleeping as I flew from right next to him. He was least bothered.

Great video Gary!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803