DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots using Litchi with VR

coullit

Reactions
Hola from Spain
been flying now for about a year with the above and wouldn't want to fly any other way, actually in the bird flying it is the most involving for me just like fpv quad racers use, see more, no problems with sunlight, can flip back to main Litchi screen to see, warnings etc.
Do screen recordings for other people to watch it VR on youtube etc.
Sometimes I would like to share what Im viewing with a friend, does anyone know If I put a USB splitter on can the live feed be directed to 2 phones with litchi on?
I suppose i can get one and try it out but may not work at all.
Sam

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 15.38.35.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 15.38.35.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hola coullit!

Unfortunately you cannot just "split" usb connections to pull the video. However you can cast your phone's screen to another phone or groups of devices.

If you are using an Android based phone you can use screen mirroring built in.. Sometimes it will be listed as Miracast, Allcast(Samsung) or just Cast to a device.

If you are using an Apple device you would use Airplay to mirror you display to an apple TV or another device.

Thanks for the reply I have tried this without much success but will try the programs you suggest.
Ive got a projector in the lounge and use chrome cast is there a way to beam it there you know of?

Incidentally, My friend uses IOS and I was using Android can I mirror to an apple device from an android?

You can share to youtube or facebook and share that way.

Reactions: coullit
Hola from Spain
been flying now for about a year with the above and wouldn't want to fly any other way, actually in the bird flying it is the most involving for me just like fpv quad racers use, see more, no problems with sunlight, can flip back to main Litchi screen to see, warnings etc.
Do screen recordings for other people to watch it VR on youtube etc.
Sometimes I would like to share what Im viewing with a friend, does anyone know If I put a USB splitter on can the live feed be directed to 2 phones with litchi on?
I suppose i can get one and try it out but may not work at all.
Sam
There is one further possibility by using the DJI goggles. You may either use two DJI goggles on the same Mavic or use one set of goggles combined with Litchi running on your phone in VR mode. One further advantage is, it's cable-free.
And as I have used Litchi in VR mode since early december I can say, using the DJI goggles is a new experience in image quality compared to VR goggles. Meanwhile I am using Litchi with (foldable) VR goggles only as a backup system for situations where I don't want to carry the more bulky DJI goggles with me.
I am using the DJI goggles now even for my other standard analog 5.8GHz FPV crafts, by using an external receiver and a CVBS to HDMI converter.

Reactions: coullit
May update
just done this update v 3.10.10 always having problems installing programs in 8gb internal drive LG phone, hardly any programs had to reluctantly uninstall google...any way its up and working connected no problems not flown yet.
heres what it does below BUT should I now update to latest DJI goapp update or leave it at 4.0 I believe people favour? any help here appreciated.
I as you know solely use VR for flying and theres upload and download arrows in VR display now, is the live feed to Facebook or something?

May 2017 Updates
iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
Version 1.16.2
- added "Share" button in the Facebook live settings giving you the ability to share your live stream on a friend's timeline or in a Facebook group
- misc improvements and bug fixes
Version 1.16.1
- upgraded Airdata UAV's free subscription offer from Gold to Pro plan
Version 1.16.0
- added Facebook live streaming feature (tap on the share icon at the top right corner of the video preview to start it)
- added "Cache Videos" setting. When enabled, recording videos with the drone will also cause Litchi to save the video to the "Litchi Video Cache" album in the Photos app
- added "Cache Photos" setting. When enabled, photos you take will be saved to the 'Litchi Photo Cache' album (in the Photos app). Photo Caching does not work when the image format is set to RAW or when using the Interval capture mode. Photo Caching does not work during Waypoint, Pano and Track sessions
- added "Photo Preview" setting. Requires "Cache Photos" setting to be enabled. When enabled, after taking a photo a preview will be shown along with a share button providing an easy way to share the photo to Facebook
- added AutoFocus Continuous mode (AFC) for Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and X4S
- added uplink/downlink signal information to the VR mode display
- faster panoramas with Mavic Pro
- reliability improvements for Pano mode
- references to HealthyDrones replaced with its new name, Airdata UAV
- fixed issue with M600/M600 Pro RC switch not being recognized correctly
- misc improvements and bug fixes

Ive also found now I can click HD live feed whereas I couldn't before only with my xioami note 4 with has an HD 1080p screen the LG is less. Xioami is away having screen repaired it developed some white bubbles in it and sent it back to power planet here in Spain where I bought it, will comment later if screen res is better although found it good before especially in HD.

You can share to youtube or facebook and share that way.
I do prefer to get it all in iMovie on my mac and chop out the boring parts, speed up bits, slowmo others tittles and of course some copyright free music like this I did on saturday over a big pool we repaired...

Reactions: geigy
Its not in the playstore for android just Litchi...is there a way to live stream from litchi to another phone using litchi?

Ive now updated both i.e. Goapp4 to latest and Litchi to latest firmwares.
Its not as good as it was in VR, blocking in the screen, static and recording video is delayed.
Ive made a video of it and will upload.
Ive been in contact with Litchi support by email, which they respond to maybe daily, who told me to do this.
I have requested best previous version of Litchi before the latest go app 4 but still await it.
My true findings

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54