DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 1 footage

wernervos47

Reactions
Hi guys newbie here from South Africa. hope I am posting in the right place.

I am battling with sharp 4k 30fps footage when you using yaw on the drone 1080p 60fps looks lovely and sharp when you turning, but not 4k 30fps. Now I tried sharpening 0, +1 and -1 but not winning. Am I missing something or must I play with the sharpening setting more. Thanks

Hi guys newbie here from South Africa. hope I am posting in the right place.

I am battling with sharp 4k 30fps footage when you using yaw on the drone 1080p 60fps looks lovely and sharp when you turning, but not 4k 30fps. Now I tried sharpening 0, +1 and -1 but not winning. Am I missing something or must I play with the sharpening setting more. Thanks
Likely it’s due to moving the camera move rapidly than 30 FPS can do clearly. Try slowing down the commanded movement. You can the speed up in post and have clear image... if you don’t want to increase frame rate.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Many thanks but even if i move slowly its still not as sharp as 1080 60fps. Its like it goes fuzzy and then when i stop yawing it crystal clear. I don't really care for the fps I just want sharp footage. I can't remember if i used 24fps I will have a look and make a short clip as well. Thanks

It could be motion blur. What is your shutter speed (not frames per second)?

It's motion blur. Always record in manual, and set your white balance to either sunny or cloudy. If your recording at 4K and 30 fps, you'll want to set your shutter speed to 1/60 of a second. Get some ND filters to help when flying on sunnier days ND16 or ND32 will do the trick.

It's motion blur. Always record in manual, and set your white balance to either sunny or cloudy. If your recording at 4K and 30 fps, you'll want to set your shutter speed to 1/60 of a second. Get some ND filters to help when flying on sunnier days ND16 or ND32 will do the trick.
Many thanks guys I am thinking its motion blur but not sure. I shoot videos with a sony a7iii so am I just expecting to much of this small sensor. See below link to youtube.

It could be 2 things I feel.

1. Playback on poorly spec'd computer.
It played in auto in 1080 for me (older laptop) fine, pans are too fast, nothing will stop poor footage with fast yawing (partly to do with motion blur).
I tried 2160, very jittery.
YT will pick the best res for playback on equipment used.

2. Not motion blur, but rather lack of motion blur.
Are you using nd filters at all ?
The M1P has little in the way of settings to get shutter to roughly double frame rate.
What frame rate are you shooting ?
Do you know what the shutter was in that video ?

I set my iso to 100.
Daylight.
Frame rate 25 fps.
Use an nd filter filter to get shutter to ~ 1/50,000.

On a day like you had, I'd have tried an nd16.
It looks like earlier morning or later afternoon, so turning into the sun should be avoided when shooting video, exposures will be all over the place.

It could be 2 things I feel.

1. Playback on poorly spec'd computer.
It played in auto in 1080 for me (older laptop) fine, pans are too fast, nothing will stop poor footage with fast yawing (partly to do with motion blur).
I tried 2160, very jittery.
YT will pick the best res for playback on equipment used.

2. Not motion blur, but rather lack of motion blur.
Are you using nd filters at all ?
The M1P has little in the way of settings to get shutter to roughly double frame rate.
What frame rate are you shooting ?
Do you know what the shutter was in that video ?

I set my iso to 100.
Daylight.
Frame rate 25 fps.
Use an nd filter filter to get shutter to ~ 1/50,000.

On a day like you had, I'd have tried an nd16.
It looks like earlier morning or later afternoon, so turning into the sun should be avoided when shooting video, exposures will be all over the place.
Many thanks I used a nd16 filter shutter was double the frames. 1/60th and 30 fps 4k. I used manual video and WB, but I struggled to keep yawing smooth need more practice. I am only at about 2h30 flying time. Just need to make sure the camera is good and thats its me. Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated

Many thanks I used a nd16 filter shutter was double the frames. 1/60th and 30 fps 4k. I used manual video and WB, but I struggled to keep yawing smooth need more practice. I am only at about 2h30 flying time. Just need to make sure the camera is good and thats its me. Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated
Sorry iso was 100 aswell on this video.

iso was 100 aswell

So what's your playback equipment like ?
If it's a modern fast computer with good video card etc, it should play well.

I see a lot of my YT stuff come up 720 sometimes, looks awful.
When it plays back 1080 looks so much better.
Trying to play others vids @ 2160 or full 4k, it is stuttery / skips a lot.

So what's your playback equipment like ?
If it's a modern fast computer with good video card etc, it should play well.

I see a lot of my YT stuff come up 720 sometimes, looks awful.
When it plays back 1080 looks so much better.
Trying to play others vids @ 2160 or full 4k, it is stuttery / skips a lot.
Well I have i7 9700 cpu, 32gb ram, gtx 1060 graphics card so it should play fine. I do 4k footage on the sony and it looks awesome on my pc. I was just concerned about the camera having issues on MP1 but I am feeling beter aboit it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett