DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 + Insta360 ONE X, first flight

SpaceMonkey58

Reactions
This actually works pretty good. Don't make any sudden moves = pendulum effect.
Camera needs to be vertical, to lock-in the forward facing view, but that's a minor annoyance imo. It means you need to hand launch and hand catch. I use a Quaker Oats tube:))
If you are going to try this, make sure you turn on the camera after you have turned on the Mavic. Make sure camera is set to AUTO Wi Fi, not ON Wi Fi. Mavic signal tries to mess with the camera but this sequence works fine.
Can't wait until they release something this small in 8K!
My total payload, including homemade mount and straps, was 134 grams.
I just printed a flexible mount and will post some video. Initial flight showed zero vibration. The camera has very good built in electronic stabilization.

Paul

Reactions: calmar81 and Garuda
This actually works pretty good. Don't make any sudden moves = pendulum effect.
Camera needs to be vertical, to lock-in the forward facing view, but that's a minor annoyance imo. It means you need to hand launch and hand catch. I use a Quaker Oats tube:))
If you are going to try this, make sure you turn on the camera after you have turned on the Mavic. Make sure camera is set to AUTO Wi Fi, not ON Wi Fi. Mavic signal tries to mess with the camera but this sequence works fine.
Can't wait until they release something this small in 8K!
My total payload, including homemade mount and straps, was 134 grams.
I just printed a flexible mount and will post some video. Initial flight showed zero vibration. The camera has very good built in electronic stabilization.

Paul

Lot better pic than mine,I used double faced adhesive and bracket on top go pro mount easy on off. Centered well just below button lots of footage very poor quality though, didnt have to mess with any bottom sensors flew normal.

How did you post the 360 video to YouTube?
First, shoot in default mode for smoothest payback. Believe me, I have tried them all - RAW, 60fps, etc. Just shoot in default.
2. Drag and drop the larger of the two files into "Insta360 Studio For ONE X (Beta) software. I don't actually know why there are two files but you apparently need them both. The larger file has a "00" in it and the smaller file has a "01" in it.
3. Trim the ends of the video in the software then hit the little yellow "Export Footages" button upper right and choose default settings. I tried dragging and dropping this into YouTube but had lousy results so...
4. I then run this resulting mpg file through Cyberlink Power Director 17 to fully edit and export it as 5K 360 video. This is cheapest best program out there right now with proper codecs.
5. Drag and drop the mpg from Power Director 17 into YouTube and it will do the rest.
Hope that helps!DSCN6939.JPG

Reactions: buddb55
First, shoot in default mode for smoothest payback. Believe me, I have tried them all - RAW, 60fps, etc. Just shoot in default.
2. Drag and drop the larger of the two files into "Insta360 Studio For ONE X (Beta) software. I don't actually know why there are two files but you apparently need them both. The larger file has a "00" in it and the smaller file has a "01" in it.
3. Trim the ends of the video in the software then hit the little yellow "Export Footages" button upper right and choose default settings. I tried dragging and dropping this into YouTube but had lousy results so...
4. I then run this resulting mpg file through Cyberlink Power Director 17 to fully edit and export it as 5K 360 video. This is cheapest best program out there right now with proper codecs.
5. Drag and drop the mpg from Power Director 17 into YouTube and it will do the rest.
Hope that helps!View attachment 52716
We'll give it a try, thanks.

I ordered my Insta360 One X three weeks ago and I'm still waiting on it to ship... When it arrives though, I'm going to be giving it a go on the M2P.

I ordered my Insta360 One X three weeks ago and I'm still waiting on it to ship... When it arrives though, I'm going to be giving it a go on the M2P.
It took me about that long to get it.
One more point: on the MP1, I disabled all prox sensors and turned off precision landing (downward facing camera).
You can do this with MP2 as well.
Also, after flying twice, I have decided to fly this in Cinamatic mode. With the Insta360 hanging off the bottom - it does not like quick maneuvers.
I'm still getting vibes showing up in the video, even with the improved flexible mount. Need to go to Defcon 2 and engineer-in the iso balls

It took me about that long to get it.
One more point: on the MP1, I disabled all prox sensors and turned off precision landing (downward facing camera).
You can do this with MP2 as well.
Also, after flying twice, I have decided to fly this in Cinamatic mode. With the Insta360 hanging off the bottom - it does not like quick maneuvers.
I'm still getting vibes showing up in the video, even with the improved flexible mount. Need to go to Defcon 2 and engineer-in the iso balls
I would be fully content with the pic,very crisp and clean. Unless you mount it like camera gimble you will always have some sort of movement.

I would be fully content with the pic,very crisp and clean. Unless you mount it like camera gimble you will always have some sort of movement.
Agreed, looks pretty good and it's great that we don't have to mess with a gimbal anymore.
Iso balls may eliminate that last bit of jitter tho. Worth a shot imo.
DJI is probably working on an 8K 360 Mavic as we speak :))

Agreed, looks pretty good and it's great that we don't have to mess with a gimbal anymore.
Iso balls may eliminate that last bit of jitter tho. Worth a shot imo.
DJI is probably working on an 8K 360 Mavic as we speak :))
$4000.00 mavic sorry too rich for my blood when I have to worry about imperfect technology.

Well, I ordered this bad boy long ago, and I'm still waiting on it to arrive on the slow boat from China. Maybe it and the Insta360 One X will arrive on the same slow boat... LOL.

Well, I ordered this bad boy long ago, and I'm still waiting on it to arrive on the slow boat from China. Maybe it and the Insta360 One X will arrive on the same slow boat... LOL.
Wow! You were ahead of the curve finding that one. Decent design and price.
I ended up making this and it works well enough.

Attachments

• DSCN6952.JPG
    DSCN6952.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 26
OP I always thought about trying this with a 360 cam. I would think the wind drag to be the most concerning factor. Or on a really windy day. Not so much the weight. Looks fantastic. Hopefully I can save enough pennies for a 360 cam before the holiday.

OP I always thought about trying this with a 360 cam. I would think the wind drag to be the most concerning factor. Or on a really windy day. Not so much the weight. Looks fantastic. Hopefully I can save enough pennies for a 360 cam before the holiday.
The only thing you are not getting with Insta360 is 3D.
Vuze has the VR180, just out, which will shoot either 360 non 3D or 180 3D but you would need an Inspire to haul it. Amazingly, the Insta360 has a better picture than the VR180.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis