DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 battery

TyCool

Reactions
Hello all just wondering if anyone can help me I just got out my fly more combo yesterday after it being put away since March this year!
I put all three batteries on the DJI multi charger x2 of them fully charged no problems but one of them is completely dead giving a red light not even trying to charge?????
I removed it from the multi charger and plugged it straight into the single DJI charger with the same result ZERO charge.
I left it on to try and charge for over an hour hoping for some sign of life but nothing.
I also tried the holding the button for 30 sec still nothing!
Feeling gutted that it could be totally dead
It’s only been flown once for 30 minutes of its life!
If anyone can help
Please share

Thanks for your time

Ty

Reactions: KB9Radio
did you check on them during all that time, unfortunately they will slowly discharge over a prolonged time and it sounds like the battery has gone past the point of no return, you should always give them a charge once a month to keep them in good condition ,and store them in a dry safe place away from children and inflammable material

Reactions: Thomas B
did you check on them during all that time, unfortunately they will slowly discharge over a prolonged time and it sounds like the battery has gone past the point of no return, you should always give them a charge once a month to keep them in good condition ,and store them in a dry safe place away from children and inflammable material
The only thing I didn’t do is give them a charge
They are always in a safe dry away from heat or any people not allowed to touch.
This one was the one I probably left in the mavic itself at 50% charge
Like I say the other x2 have charged great as normal.
Is there no way of bringing it back to life at all???
Thanks for your reply

i would think that it has gone so low that the chemical reaction required to allow it to charge has been compromised, someone with more knowledge than me could probably tell you away to do it, but if it is compromised would you want to fly your expensive mavic with it, it is annoying but a new battery is far cheaper than a new mavic

I totally agree with you and just write it off as a semi expensive mistake
Gutted
But thank you
How long have you had that battery? Counting on my fingers.... I count Sept as SIX months and think I recall that they might have a 6 month warranty?

I also tend to remember a possible hibernation mode but don't recall if batteries can slip back into it and how to awaken them.

Good luck (from someone else who doesn't think batteries even potentially lethal "bomb" batteries should need such tender loving care!)

Reactions: TyCool
Hello all just wondering if anyone can help me I just got out my fly more combo yesterday after it being put away since March this year!
I put all three batteries on the DJI multi charger x2 of them fully charged no problems but one of them is completely dead giving a red light not even trying to charge?????
I removed it from the multi charger and plugged it straight into the single DJI charger with the same result ZERO charge.
I left it on to try and charge for over an hour hoping for some sign of life but nothing.
If anyone can help
Please share

Thanks for your time

Ty
Check this link out. Seems to indicate that it will go into hibernation mode but the remedy is to simply charge it but you’ve already tried that.
Seems like #2 is what has happened.
“Battery Storage
1. Discharge the battery to 40%-60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. The battery automatically discharges to below 60% when it is idle for more than 10 days to prevent it from swelling. It takes approximately four days to discharge the battery to 60%. It is normal that you may feel moderate heat emitting from the battery during the discharging process.
2. DO NOT store the battery for an extended period after fully discharging it. Doing so may over- discharge the battery and cause irreparable battery cell damage.
3. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.
4. Remove batteries from the aircraft when stored for an extended period.”

Reactions: ff22
Hi,

I had exactly the same issue, luckily (or unluckily) mine occurred within the six month warranty period with three days left to go. DJI replaced it after I sent it to Holland to their repair centre (I am in the UK)

Try contacting them - I had good communication from DJI throughout the whole episode.

Reactions: ff22
If anyone can help
Please share

Thanks for your time

Ty
Assuming you bought it before March 11th, it is now unfortunately out of warranty. However, if bought March 11th or later, file an immediate warranty claim with DJI online today, and send it in for replacement with proof of purchase with a date subsequent to March 11th (they pay shipping both ways, too!). They should replace it. Good luck, and in the future, top them off every few months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke