DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 batteries not charging

Richie1027

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Didn’t see a similar thread. Haven’t flown in a couple months so I plugged in the charger 30 hours ago using an anker 100w charger I’ve always used successfully.
The picture shows the amount or charge (or lack of) after 24 hours. I’ve since swapped cables with no success. My air 2s batteries charged normally with the same anker 100w.

Any suggestions?

Appreciate. It.

Attachments

• IMG_3662.jpeg
    IMG_3662.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Cafguy
If you can charge the Batteries in the drone I would see if that works If so your charger is Kaput. if the battery will not charge no matter how you try it ( on or off the charger) You could have killed them by ignoring them for a few months BUT They are pretty new so I would think they would take a charge. If all else fails for new batteries I would send the batteries to DJI for a fix.

Reactions: Richie1027
Thank you. I wouldn’t imagine a battery dormant for 8 weeks would ‘kill ‘ it; at least that’s never happened with my other drones. I’ll try charging in the drone and see how that works.

Appreciate the comments

Thank you. I wouldn’t imagine a battery dormant for 8 weeks would ‘kill ‘ it; at least that’s never happened with my other drones. I’ll try charging in the drone and see how that works.

Appreciate the comments
Depends upon whether you have left them fully discharged, before attempting to charge them 8 weeks later. The single green light, indicating 25% charge or less, after attempted charging, is not a healthy battery. Fully charged healthy batteries will not auto-discharge below 50% for many months.

Batteries have a 6 month DJI warranty from purchase.
When did you buy them?

Last edited:
Since the charger charges the Air2S ones OK seems the charger is fine..

What you may want to try is a very low power charger to trickle charge them in the pack.. Like an iPhone charger... This sometimes helps the circuitry behave on unused (for a while) batteries...

Also look for the steps to force hibernation on DJI batteries and then charge after that succeeds

It would be extremely rare for all 3 batteries to fail at the same time regardless of how they were maintained or stored, sounds to me that the hub or charger is now faulty.

It would be extremely rare for all 3 batteries to fail at the same time regardless of how they were maintained or stored, sounds to me that the hub or charger is now faulty.
I agree. Something else is going on.

Try to charge the batteries individually using the drone.

Try using a different charging brick.

Etc

Solved: turns out it was a bad socket in a power strip I regularly use. It was an older (and reliable) 8-plug strip I’ve had for years. Replaced and batteries charged without incident. All your comments pointed to various links in the charging process and the strip wasn’t one I considered until triggered by the posts.

Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki