DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 Charging

The Hanatora discharge mode stops at about 14V or 3.5V per cell.
Thank you. 3.5V per cell actually isn't too bad, that's a pretty safe voltage for a LiPo if I am not mistaken. I would be more worried if it was taking it down to 3.0-3.2V.

Last edited:
Would you advise me how I can use my Hanatora to charge to "Storage Voltage and stop. I'm unfamiliar.
There is a push button on top of the charger that cycles through the three modes. You then have to turn on the battery and then put it on the charger. Everything from that point is automatic. The battery will be either charge or discharge until it is at the proper storage level. The only thing I don’t like about the charger is that it will stay on and the fan will continue running. You have to manually unplug it. Are use it to charge and to put batteries into storage mode. I have not used it to discharge batteries fully. All in all I’m glad I purchased it.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I have another question if you don't mind - I received this charger and the charging went perfectly, however I am almost 4 hours into what seems like a normally functioning discharge cycle and the batteries still show 15.6V and 3 of the 4 lights are on suggesting each battery is only down to about 75% (from 100%). The batteries are of course turned on and it appears to be working based on the display (displaying voltage and discharge rate), however the batteries are not even warm (the charger is though). Can anyone please confirm how long it takes to discharge the M2 batteries on the Hanatora? At my current rate it will be 12h+. The information is not in the small manual that came with it. I had assumed discharge time would be roughly that of an actual flight, or at most similar to the charge time. TIA.

Any recommendations for a multi battery charger
I want to buy stock in the company. Seems Everyone uses it including myself. Works well. Consistent. Fly safe. Godspeed, Droniac

I have another question if you don't mind - I received this charger and the charging went perfectly, however I am almost 4 hours into what seems like a normally functioning discharge cycle and the batteries still show 15.6V and 3 of the 4 lights are on suggesting each battery is only down to about 75% (from 100%). The batteries are of course turned on and it appears to be working based on the display (displaying voltage and discharge rate), however the batteries are not even warm (the charger is though). Can anyone please confirm how long it takes to discharge the M2 batteries on the Hanatora? At my current rate it will be 12h+. The information is not in the small manual that came with it. I had assumed discharge time would be roughly that of an actual flight, or at most similar to the charge time. TIA.
I am not sure how long it takes to discharge a battery since this always happens at night. However, since the discharge load is low you are definitely looking at more than flight time.

The battery does not get warm during discharge but the Hanatora will get warm since it has to dissipate the energy extracted during the process.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I am not sure how long it takes to discharge a battery since this always happens at night. However, since the discharge load is low you are definitely looking at more than flight time.

The battery does not get warm during discharge but the Hanatora will get warm since it has to dissipate the energy extracted during the process.

Thanks - I took them off after about 5 hours and tried again the next day, total discharge time was about 9 hours and they stopped on their own. The company got back to me and said they stop at 3.2-3.3V. The batteries wouldn't turn on after that by themselves but 2 seconds on the charger woke them right up so I could then turn them on and use the storage charge mode on the charger. The reason I bought the charger was for the discharge/storage charge modes so I am pretty happy with it now that I understand how it works exactly. Prior to this I was using the USB adapter to discharge/cycle the batteries over the winter when I can't fly, and this is much easier.

Reactions: MarkusAtHome
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143