DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Controller smallest case possible

TierraGrande

Reactions
The case I have for my Mavic Pro 2 Controller is too large for my packing strategy and if the control sticks are taken off, it significantly reduces the thickness of the case.

Looking for a solution for the smallest case possible without the control sticks. Current using trying a padded bag but a zipper case would be better.

Anyone have any proven solutions?

Which case are you using now?

One that is 4" x 7" x 2.5" that allows the control sticks to be left on. Length not the issue, thickness is. If I could get one 1.5" to 1.75" thick it would significantly help things fit in my pack.

I am using a US Marines infra red night vision scope case which fits the Pro 2 drone and 5 batteries perfect in the main compartment. One of the side compartments makes it very tough to close the flap with that thick of a controller case. With no case and the padded bag, fits great but there is more room that a better case could fit in.

One that is 4" x 7" x 2.5" that allows the control sticks to be left on. Length not the issue, thickness is. If I could get one 1.5" to 1.75" thick it would significantly help things fit in my pack.

I am using a US Marines infra red night vision scope case which fits the Pro 2 drone and 5 batteries perfect in the main compartment. One of the side compartments makes it very tough to close the flap with that thick of a controller case. With no case and the padded bag, fits great but there is more room that a better case could fit in.
Understand what you’re looking now. I’ll keep my eyes open.

You could store the remote controller in a sleeve like this:

1553333971696.png

Or maybe just store it with no case and protect the screen and sticks with a stick guard like this one:

1553334070570.png

Right now, I am going with a nice padded camera soft lens case for a 6" lens. Still looking for a 3.5" x 6" zipper case with a little more protection.

Gearing up for an expedition in the Andes Mountains in Peru above 14,000' in April and focusing on details now.

The big hurdle was figuring out a power supply to do 60 Mavic Pro 2 flights in the course of 1 week that is packable. We have solved this with a reliable solution that involved batteries, technology, and solar. Tested and proven now.

Reactions: lolo780
Right now, I am going with a nice padded camera soft lens case for a 6" lens. Still looking for a 3.5" x 6" zipper case with a little more protection.

Gearing up for an expedition in the Andes Mountains in Peru above 14,000' in April and focusing on details now.

The big hurdle was figuring out a power supply to do 60 Mavic Pro 2 flights in the course of 1 week that is packable. We have solved this with a reliable solution that involved batteries, technology, and solar. Tested and proven now.
Info and pics of the power supply pls.

Info and pics of the power supply pls.
My brother is the one who figured this out and tested a lot of equipment before finding something that would work to charge the 10 DJI batteries we are taking for a day worth of flights. We will post on this complete setup after using it in the Andes in late April, early May.
I will add to this, when I say packable I mean packable like on a Llama or small Peruvian Paso Fino mountain horses, not packable in the mountains throughout a day by a person.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr