DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 for commercial use

DanielSan

Reactions
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on whether or not the Mavic pro 2 could be used for real estate photography. I recently purchased a MP2 as an upgrade from my P3P, and I wanted to try to use it to make a few bucks on the side, (after getting my 107 license of course,) and I wanted to know if I could actually do that. I am currently a little bit skeptical after hearing rumors that it wasn't using it's full 1in sensor due to issues of heat management, but I'd love to hear everybody's opinion!

It uses the entire sensor for photography, and the results are very good - easily good enough for real estate purposes. You would need an Inspire or equivalent to get better results.

It subsamples in 4k video mode and the results are intended to be properly post-processed, at which point the video is also excellent, but it has led to criticisms by some who like, and are used to, the heavily sharpened output of the P4P straight off the card.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
It uses the entire sensor for photography, and the results are very good - easily good enough for real estate purposes. You would need an Inspire or equivalent to get better results.

It subsamples in 4k video mode and the results are intended to be properly post-processed, at which point the video is also excellent, but it has led to criticisms by some who like, and are used to, the heavily sharpened output of the P4P straight off the card.

And do you think the HQ mode would be best if I was shooting 4k? In my opinion it looks a little sharper then full FOV.

And do you think the HQ mode would be best if I was shooting 4k? In my opinion it looks a little sharper then full FOV.

It looks sharper straight off the card. There is little difference when processed, and both are more than sharp enough. Preferred FOV should be the determining factor in which to use.

HQ mode, 4K30, dlog-m colorspace. then in the DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Premier you apply LUT to convert into Rec.709 and it produces really good commercial grade feed you can use anywhere.
LUT is available for download at the DJI downloads web page, with PDF guide.

if you need less than the 4K - you can downsample in the editor later, but shoot in 4K HQ.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
With the manual exposure control the camera also allows, you can easily make great looking HDR images with it as well. Perfect for high-end architectural images.

yes

Yes it takes great photos. These are single shots processed in Lightroom. If you shoot in raw, you don't really need hdr. It's the main reason I got mine.

You can still do hdr with raw if you set camera to do series of bracketed shots, -2 stops underexposed, normal and +2 stops. Then you put that into layers in photoshop and recover shadows and highlights in the normal image. For aerial shots it works surprisingly well.

it is rarely needed, but, if you have winter shots with sun and snow, it may help. But, i have to say, m2p has an excellent sensor and when exposed to the right it has great shadow details. Just shoot in raw[/QUOTE]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121