DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 lost over ocean... is this my fault?

Update: here is where I am at with DJI and the case... should know something in the next few days. I appreciate them taking the time to atleast look at the data and see what happend.

"Dear James,

Thank you for providing these information.

We have forwarded the case to the analysis department and our related department will contact you soon for this case. Any updates regarding analysis and with the case will be sent to you via email. We may get back to you again if any more information is required.

Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Albert
DJI Support"

Reactions: Dannick
Best of luck in your claim with them. Hopefully their analysis agrees with sar104's and you are able to get a replacement! It definitely sounds like something that would be covered.

I am looking forward to this case.

Wow good news... great job DJI standing behind your products. See today’s response.

“Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

This is Dora from data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis. If the aircraft couldn't be retrieved, we would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic 2 Pro (without the remote controller and battery charger), which can be used on DJI's online store:
Buy Mavic 2 Pro Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger) - DJI Store

----------If the model is incorrect, please let us know.
----------We’re sorry to tell you that the discount cannot be applied to any other model other than the original one and it cannot be credited to your account.

Please email me if you would like the coupon code with the contents such as “I accept the offer”. And may I know if you would like to ship the aircraft to the United States when placing the order?

Should you have more questions, please reply to this email directly within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2-3 working days.

Thanks for your support. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Dora
DJI Technical Support”

i missed an page... Edited for my blindness. AWESOME NEWS!

Well guys I am going to give DJI a try. I did open a case with DJI, so I will keep you all posted with how things are going on that. Does anyone else see anything that indicates what could have happened and how to avoid this in the future? I was not recording at the time of incident...I was trying to catch up with my wife walking on the beach and film coming from the water inward, but did not get all the way out yet.... is there a way to retrieve video if I was not filming? thanks
Sorry for your loss but how does one retrieve a video if you weren’t recording in the first place? It’s like asking for a photo when nobody was taking any photos ?

I think he was hoping FPV feed was caching even when not recording. That would be a neat option if it weren't for increasing the odds of app issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman