DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC Pro 2 micro SD card limitation

Frank RL

Reactions
Sorry if this is redundant. I am new to this forum.

Can anyone tell me what the size limitation is for the Micro SD card on the MAVIC Pro 2? I have heard 64 Gig and 128 Gig.

I have also heard that the read/write speed is critical as well. Is there a suggested speed?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Can anyone tell me what the size limitation is for the Micro SD card on the MAVIC Pro 2?
The Mavic 2 specs show the limit is 128GB. 64GB is likely way more storage space than most people will use.

I have also heard that the read/write speed is critical as well. Is there a suggested speed?
If you're going to shoot 4K video, get a memory card that has a UHS speed class of 3. Look for the symbol that shows a "U" with a "3" inside like this:

1542382474923.png

If you're never going to shoot 4K video or use any photo modes that take photos back-to-back, you could get away with using a Class 10 or UHS 1 memory card. However, you'll likely find UHS 3 memory cards are the better buy price-wise.

Reactions: Frank RL
The Mavic 2 specs show the limit is 128GB. 64GB is likely way more storage space than most people will use.

If you're going to shoot 4K video, get a memory card that has a UHS speed class of 3. Look for the symbol that shows a "U" with a "3" inside like this:

View attachment 53503

If you're never going to shoot 4K video or use any photo modes that take photos back-to-back, you could get away with using a Class 10 or UHS 1 memory card. However, you'll likely find UHS 3 memory cards are the better buy price-wise.
The Mavic 2 Manual says the drone can write up to 100MB/sec., which you may encounter shooting 4K over highly detailed changeing scenes such as rippling water. I have experienced that if the card cannot keep up you may get artifacts or a jittery image. The card above is rated for 90 Mb/sec, which should should work most of the time. Cards that meet an even higher standard are the v60 cards such as the ProGrade Digital 128GB MicroSDXC UHS-II U3 Class 10 V60 Gold Memory Card. It is pricy but meets the drone write requirements - trust me, you don't want the artifacts, which you may not see until you view the footage in post.

The Mavic 2 Manual says the drone can write up to 100MB/sec., which you may encounter shooting 4K over highly detailed changeing scenes such as rippling water
The Mavic 2 manual actually states the max bitrate is 100 Mbps (or 12.5 MB/sec).

1585304502366.png

So, the memory card @dirkclod linked above (along with the other commonly used memory cards listed here) will be able to do the job. V60 memory cards will work too, but it'll likely not be worth the cost for many people since DJI drones cannot take advantage of those high end specs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zulu