DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 - No RAW in Panoramic mode?

Does anyone know how to save the panorama photos as RAW files? Seems like a couple posts above me someone figured it out, but I have no idea what they're talking about.
I'm not sure if you need to choose panorama mode before changing this setting, but if you don't find raw under the save original slider for panorama, then change the photo mode to panorama first and then:
1. Go to the camera settings and scroll down

image5.jpeg
Keep scrolling until you reach Save Original...

image6.jpeg
Under save original choose Save original Panorama...

image7.jpeg

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
It’s the same setting for both and then you need to know that the files are stored on the micro-SD card in a different folder than the normal photos and videos.

There is no Hyperlight, just hyperlapse and panorama
My mistake, I was thinking hyperlapse. I suspect there is no "raw" hyperlight is because hyperlight is the result of heavy processing of the raw image; boosting the shadows and maybe reducing the hightlights, basically you could achieve the same in LR using the original raw images. But it wouldn't have cost them anything to save both the raw and hyperlight image...

I'm not sure if you need to choose panorama mode before changing this setting, but if you don't find raw under the save original slider for panorama, then change the photo mode to panorama first and then:
1. Go to the camera settings and scroll down

View attachment 47312
Keep scrolling until you reach Save Original...

View attachment 47313
Under save original choose Save original Panorama...

View attachment 47314
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

hi, sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but it seemed to be on topic.
i am a bit lost of how it is supposed to work. first, i did couple of pano shots while in the air and i saw it doing it, but upon arrival back found no files. may be i did something wrong a first time around, so i tried again, tried saving original files a JPG, then saving as RAW - it seemed to work and i think, works now.

after looking at the 180deg pano JPG file directory - i see it only produces a JPG pano file, i presume it is a given - it cannot stitch RAW. i accept that. what i find odd - i see that an original file set for the correct original resolution, 5464X3640.
when i open a panorama JPG file i see a 8192 x 2714 resolution used. is it supposed to be some kind of a joke? it takes 21 shots and saves them in DNG, thanks to that, but produces me a 8192 x 2714 stitch from that? is it by design? i cannot find any configuration for that, but, may be i am missing something?

Mavic DJIgo4 app will create a pano on and place it on the card, it's low quality IMO. The files raw or jpg will be in a separate folder, one folder per pano. If you want to use those files, you will need to use a pano stitching tool to create the pano. Microsoft ICE or if you have Photoshop or LR, just use that.

Best quality pano, will be one where you take separate jpgs or dngs and use a software tool to create the pano.
Paul C

Best quality pano, will be one where you take separate jpgs or dngs and use a software tool to create the pano.
Paul C

ok, that makes sense, i only got confused where the 8192 x 2714 size got from. if that is what it does by design, it is ok. i was concerned that i have missed something hidden somewhere, again. this menu they made is not very intuitive.

The pixel dimensions of a pano whether created by the aircraft or via software, are directly related to the number of stills used to create it. So, some will be larger or smaller than others. And often times, people will add the typical black bars top and bottom to get either a 16:9 look or deeper bars to simulate Cinemascope which I think is around 2.4/1.

Last edited:
Mavic DJIgo4 app will create a pano on and place it on the card, it's low quality IMO. The files raw or jpg will be in a separate folder, one folder per pano. If you want to use those files, you will need to use a pano stitching tool to create the pano. Microsoft ICE or if you have Photoshop or LR, just use that.

Paul C
also, the pano mode is only supposed to show up in the P mode, in S mode it is expected to be missing?

I flew my second flight on my M2P this am.
Playing with camera & RC settings, etc.

I tried some pano's and kept getting an
error type message about pano's not
available. I realized I was in sport mode
and switched back to "P" mode & got the
pano's successful message.

I found this thread while trying to find why
my pano's weren't in raw.

I am frustrated that it appears that PS Elements
won't convert dng's to tiffs. Is that true or what am
I missing.

Thanks!

John

I flew my second flight on my M2P this am.
Playing with camera & RC settings, etc.

I tried some pano's and kept getting an
error type message about pano's not
available. I realized I was in sport mode
and switched back to "P" mode & got the
pano's successful message.

I found this thread while trying to find why
my pano's weren't in raw.

I am frustrated that it appears that PS Elements
won't convert dng's to tiffs. Is that true or what am
I missing.

Thanks!

John
To my knowledge there are no programs at all that are able to stitch raw DNG files.

M2P can be configured to save original DNG files - i have it set like that, i do not save original JPGs. Then, when bird stiches a panorama - it saves the pano JPG it produces and also saves a set of DNG files into a separate directory. Then, in the photoshop i convert all DNGs into JPGs with the batch process, then feed those new JPGs into the 'Image Composite Editor' to stitch.

Panoramas from the M2P come out with some odd resolution, i suspect the code in M2P is off - M2Z stitches it properly, but M2P final pano size is not what it would have been if all frames would be merged correctly and with no losses.

To my knowledge there are no programs at all that are able to stitch raw DNG files.

M2P can be configured to save original DNG files - i have it set like that, i do not save original JPGs. Then, when bird stiches a panorama - it saves the pano JPG it produces and also saves a set of DNG files into a separate directory. Then, in the photoshop i convert all DNGs into JPGs with the batch process, then feed those new JPGs into the 'Image Composite Editor' to stitch.

Panoramas from the M2P come out with some odd resolution, i suspect the code in M2P is off - M2Z stitches it properly, but M2P final pano size is not what it would have been if all frames would be merged correctly and with no losses.

Lightroom can stitch the raw DNG files from the Mavic 2 Pro (ptgui can as well from what I recall) and then allows you to edit the panorama as if it was a single image and taking advantage of the exposure latitude in the raw files, the results are fantastic. I've bought a 3440x1440 ultra wide screen monitor for work and been working on getting more panoramas for it as they look so good although it really hammers the ram on the PC, I was surprised to see usage hit 28GB during the stitching.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom