DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 or wait for the Mavic Pro 3?

It's the same thing with smartphones and computers. As soon as you buy, the next model is being hyped. Most of the time, the next model is different but not a game changer so I get the best thing available to suit my needs and don't worry about what may or may not come next. Now, if DJI announces an official release date and it's no longer just a rumor, then that might change my mind. But having just bought the Mavic 2 Pro, I can't see regretting the purchase now. It's awesome.
I agree with you on this!

I was looking to purchase a Mavic Pro 2 but I heard rumors that the Mavic Pro 3 might be coming out the end of January. I was wondering if I should wait to just buy the Mavic Pro 2. Thanks
I would buy now. The Mavic Pro 2 is excellent and does everything you really need it to. If there is a 3 there will only be a few tweaks and I can live without those

Reactions: ilkerkrn
Here's one thought, would could get a cheap drone to begin learning how everything works and at the same time study and get your part 107. Then, in January you can re-evaluate the situation and you'll be much further ahead of the game. BTW - I already have my MP2 and love it!

If this is your first drone, why not buy a used Air or Pro? You can save yourself some money.
Also, being a new pilot, if you have an incident, not as big a pain money wise.
Furthermore, all the skills you will acquire with piloting and setting up the camera will be transferrable to any other DJI bird.
In the time before any new model may or may not arrive, you will have developed the skills to take full advantage of the new bird.

I fly my MP2 in the winter and get some great shots. I live in Iceland! From the rumours, it might only be 12megapixels. The MP2 has 20. Much better images.
Isn't it a tradeoff?20 megapixels gets you better resolution than 12 at the expense of more noise if the same sensor is compared I believe.ICBW

Buy now. You can always upgrade later, if you need to. But until you are up and flying, you can't be sure what you are going to want or need in your next bird. I sure that many of our remembers here will point out that they do not use all the features or modes in their current drones. I know I do not. Just enjoy flying it, and trying to get better at the camera and video
part of it.

I was looking to purchase a Mavic Pro 2 but I heard rumors that the Mavic Pro 3 might be coming out the end of January. I was wondering if I should wait to just buy the Mavic Pro 2. Thanks

If I had listened to the DJI rumors the last 7 years I would have never bought a drone. Their is always something in the pipeline. Do you like the Mavic Pro 2? Does it have the features you want? If you answered Yes than buy it

That's what I'm thinking. Winter will be here soon and I won't get a chance to fly it much. I'm thinking I might do this. If it's still not released after March or April I'll probably pick up the mavic 2 pro.

You can do a lot of flying in the winter.....

I'm still waiting for cooler weather. We had great weather Wed and was able to fly then. Temps went back up to upper 80's and high humidity.

I think only the M2 has side sensors and even those are not available in most modes. They have limited effectiveness since they are not stereoscopic.

Only you can decide, I'm still flying my Mavic Pro , I just purchased 4 new batteries since my first set of 4 are starting to puff after 3 years. So to keep me going until the Mavic 3 Pro Zoom 4K 60 comes out I'll just stick with my Mavic Pro with Stealth Props and all the other goodies .

Reactions: Peio64270
Batteries or lack of replacements would be a push to upgrade. My P3 is still useful, until my current batteries go bad and there are no replacements available.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman