DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 phone compatibility.

bomberuk

Reactions
Hi i need a cheap android phone to use on the Mavic Pro 2 as my galaxy s5 lags to much, any ideas, was looking at the s6 maybe.

I have Galaxy s7. With mavic1 the video is fluent. With mavic2, the video is choppy.

I use the s5 for my drones. It's an ol
d cell I use to have that doesn't have service on it any longer. I have it all stripped down so the only thing on it is basically the dji app. It seems to work well with my mavic 2 pro

i have just purchased an s7 and it works perfectly with my mavic 2 pro very happy with the phone in general, a massive upgrade from the s5

I have a Galaxy S7 and video is choppy/jerky with Mavic 2 Pro.

Video was perfectly smooth with the Mavic 1 Platinum I had before.

Could Galaxy S8 run smooth with the Mavic 2 Pro ???

Yes. Much weaker devices than an S8 will run it just fine. If you're having problems with that, something else is the culprit. People even use cheap $250 tablets and 5-generation old iPads with great success. Even an S7, if you are getting choppy video something else is going on.

Most likely you have too many apps installed and too many apps running in the background.

Most likely you have too many apps installed and too many apps running in the background.

Android is actually very good at managing background apps - it just shuts down background apps if you leave too many open. It shouldn't matter how much he has open because they aren't sitting in RAM anyway after a certain point. They will just re-draw themselves if he has to many apps open and then switches apps. If he has a rogue app that is constantly running though, that could be an issue.

Exactly

Software generally slows down the device.

I suggest getting a used android model phone that's dedicated to the drone.

Uninstall everything.

Disable everything.

I use an application called Package Disabler. It allows me to freeze system apps.
System apps like the built in weather app, calender, and so on.

Last edited:
Did you try it with a cable plugged in the bottom of the controller ( also unplug the side cable ) , in airplane mode and turn off video caching to the mobile device ?

Reactions: cloneme

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11