DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Precision Landing

The precision landing process involves the aircraft flying over the home point and then attempting to identify the exact takeoff location. If it cannot do that then it abandons precision landing.

so if the "picture" changes, the PL is turned off, correct?

Guys, I've done some searching around but I can't find an answer because this thread is mostly an argument on the need for precision landing and then how accurate it is once they implemented it. So,

Is the November released Mavic 2 Precision Landing the same functionality as it was on the Mavic Pro?

Because it was great on the Pro. If it is as good as that, I'm stoked. It worked with manual or auto take-off. I would just come straight up and pause a second before flying away.

(Sadly, been traveling/busy over the holidays and I haven't updated the firmware or flown much. That is about to change, though. :) )

Guys, I've done some searching around but I can't find an answer because this thread is mostly an argument on the need for precision landing and then how accurate it is once they implemented it. So,

Is the November released Mavic 2 Precision Landing the same functionality as it was on the Mavic Pro?

Because it was great on the Pro. If it is as good as that, I'm stoked. It worked with manual or auto take-off. I would just come straight up and pause a second before flying away.

(Sadly, been traveling/busy over the holidays and I haven't updated the firmware or flown much. That is about to change, though. :) )

I don't know if it is the same as the other model - but there is nothing to set on the Mavic 2 models. Take off straight up to at least 7-8 meters for 21-25 feet and fly away. The landing spot has to have definition - a non-descript lawn or asphalt area will not provide sufficient detail. Do NOT look for the slider - it is not there - just auto.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I don't know if it is the same as the other model - but there is nothing to set on the Mavic 2 models. Take off straight up to at least 7-8 meters for 21-25 feet and fly away. The landing spot has to have definition - a non-descript lawn or asphalt area will not provide sufficient detail.
Good to hear. Thanks for the confirmation.
The Mavic2 RTH landing without this was pretty bad in how close it could get.
The Mavic Pro was very good. Even without distinct detail, it's still would seem to be within 1-2 drone widths from take off. With detail it was within inches of takeoff. I'd imagine Mavic2 is similar with this update. Hope to finally get it back in the air today to find out for myself. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacodrone2024