DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 stuttering video??!

mike graham

Reactions
Please help, new to video photography and drones but can’t seem to play video footage through 4k from my memory card (sandisc extreme 128gb xc1 V30 A2) playing through PS4 pro which should handle it. It’ll play no probs from internal memory in 4k but as soon as I switch to sd card it will only play if put settings to 1080, if I switch to 4k the video is really stuttering then just won’t play, please advise if it’s me or the sd card that won’t keep up with the imaging, thought the card was ok as it’s what DJI recommend I think, thanks Mike

I freely admit that I don't understand everything I know about the issue, but I found this info on another board (Shuffy on Tom's Hardware):

pretty sure this will work google it .. Ninite K-Lite Codecs Unattended Silent Installer and Updater

more info

This next-generation video format/codec H.265/HEVC is one of the best and more advanced codecs than the current popular format H.264. It's named HEVC which stands for High Efficiency Video Codec and offers much better compression when comparing with H.264 (Lower file size, far better quality).

If you want to play this smoothly, you need to use a device/PC with at least dual-core processor. You have to update your player to latest version. Also if you use your PC to watch it, installing LAV Filter will help you a lot if you want to use KMPlayer or PotPlayer. Many updated players have native support for the codec.

If your Device doesn't support H.265 you can try updating your firmware or you can hook your Laptop or x265 compatible device to the TV with HDMI or Wireless connection and stream the video.

Smart TV's: Some modern and advanced TVs can play these files directly. These have all played correclty on a Vizio M43-C1. HEVC playback is supposed to be a requirement for all 4K TVs as well.

Older/Slower/Bad computers can try: Which reported success on an Pentium 4 with GForce 210!
http://hevcvideo.xp3.biz/other/MPC-HC_hardware_decoding.mp4

Download:
Media Player Classic - Home · MPC-HC (RECOMMENDED)
VLC - Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN
KMPlayer - KM플레이어ㅣ멀티미디어 플레이어
Pot Player - Global Potplayer
LAV Filters - Nevcairiel/LAVFilters (if you like tweaking, otherwise don't worry about it)

Windows Sound:
A tip for users, Windows stupidly defaults all audio to 2ch. For the best experience you need to adjust your sound settings in several locations.
Playback Devices-> Configure - Set to match your phyical speaker set up.
Playback Devices-> Properties-> Advanced - Increase sound output fidelity to your liking.
LAC Audio Decoder-> Mixing - Set speaker configuation to physical.

To play on Android, use MX Player

Mac
HEVC 4K Ultra HD Media Player VLC for Mac OS X
HEVC 4K Ultra HD Media Player VLC for Mac OS X » libde265 HEVC — H.265 High Efficiency Video Coding

More info:
x265 HEVC Encoder / H.265 Video Codec
High Efficiency Video Coding - Wikipedia

Hope it helps!

Reactions: devisger
Please help, new to video photography and drones but can’t seem to play video footage through 4k from my memory card (sandisc extreme 128gb xc1 V30 A2) playing through PS4 pro which should handle it. It’ll play no probs from internal memory in 4k but as soon as I switch to sd card it will only play if put settings to 1080, if I switch to 4k the video is really stuttering then just won’t play, please advise if it’s me or the sd card that won’t keep up with the imaging, thought the card was ok as it’s what DJI recommend I think, thanks Mike
Do you plug in your card reader to the front or the back USB port of the PS4 pro?

Because only on the back it is USB 3.0 .... maybe the front ports are to slow.

Reactions: Former Member
Do you plug in your card reader to the front or the back USB port of the PS4 pro?

Because only on the back it is USB 3.0 .... maybe the front ports are to slow.

Never knew that, was using the front, just tried the back port and exactly the same sadly, really slow juddered footage but still ok at 1080! don’t know what to do!

Reactions: calmar81
I believe USB 3.0 should be able to handle the bit rate of 4k. 2.0 probably won't. Is the card reader also 3.0? The AC can be used as a card reader with a USB C port. The cable that comes with the M2 is a USB 3.0 to C cable.
As a test try using the AC as your card reader with included cable to the 3.0 port, or another better quality 3.0 to C cable.

Reactions: calmar81
I believe USB 3.0 should be able to handle the bit rate of 4k. 2.0 probably won't. Is the card reader also 3.0? The AC can be used as a card reader with a USB C port. The cable that comes with the M2 is a USB 3.0 to C cable.
As a test try using the AC as your card reader with included cable to the 3.0 port, or another better quality 3.0 to C cable.

Tried that aswel, still the same!

I freely admit that I don't understand everything I know about the issue, but I found this info on another board (Shuffy on Tom's Hardware):

pretty sure this will work google it .. Ninite K-Lite Codecs Unattended Silent Installer and Updater

more info

This next-generation video format/codec H.265/HEVC is one of the best and more advanced codecs than the current popular format H.264. It's named HEVC which stands for High Efficiency Video Codec and offers much better compression when comparing with H.264 (Lower file size, far better quality).

If you want to play this smoothly, you need to use a device/PC with at least dual-core processor. You have to update your player to latest version. Also if you use your PC to watch it, installing LAV Filter will help you a lot if you want to use KMPlayer or PotPlayer. Many updated players have native support for the codec.

If your Device doesn't support H.265 you can try updating your firmware or you can hook your Laptop or x265 compatible device to the TV with HDMI or Wireless connection and stream the video.

Smart TV's: Some modern and advanced TVs can play these files directly. These have all played correclty on a Vizio M43-C1. HEVC playback is supposed to be a requirement for all 4K TVs as well.

Older/Slower/Bad computers can try: Which reported success on an Pentium 4 with GForce 210!
http://hevcvideo.xp3.biz/other/MPC-HC_hardware_decoding.mp4

Download:
Media Player Classic - Home · MPC-HC (RECOMMENDED)
VLC - Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN
KMPlayer - KM플레이어ㅣ멀티미디어 플레이어
Pot Player - Global Potplayer
LAV Filters - Nevcairiel/LAVFilters (if you like tweaking, otherwise don't worry about it)

Windows Sound:
A tip for users, Windows stupidly defaults all audio to 2ch. For the best experience you need to adjust your sound settings in several locations.
Playback Devices-> Configure - Set to match your phyical speaker set up.
Playback Devices-> Properties-> Advanced - Increase sound output fidelity to your liking.
LAC Audio Decoder-> Mixing - Set speaker configuation to physical.

To play on Android, use MX Player

Mac
HEVC 4K Ultra HD Media Player VLC for Mac OS X
HEVC 4K Ultra HD Media Player VLC for Mac OS X » libde265 HEVC — H.265 High Efficiency Video Coding

More info:
x265 HEVC Encoder / H.265 Video Codec
High Efficiency Video Coding - Wikipedia

Hope it helps!

Many thanks will look into it, appreciate the detailed reply, takes some getting your head around!! Regards Mike

I/O on the card or usb is too slow. Just copy the vid to your hard drive and work with it from there. If thats ok, then it proves the reason.

A SSD is best for video work cuz even regular hard drives cant keep up. If it stutters on a SSD, your computer's processor is overwhelmed....vids take a powerful computer.

Hey, Sorry to necro this post but I have a Ryzen 3950x 64gb ram and nvidia 2080card. I run my M2P at 265 4k 30fps at 60 shutter. I still get chopp sometimes Especially when turning or banking. Anyone else have this issue. Driving me crazy. I downloaded the video to my SSD so it isn't the USB port.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka