DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 wont play mpeg 4 on laptop

smarty

Reactions
i have recently brought the above drone taken some video footage but it will not play using various media players including VLC and media player,it just shows a still shot while playing the movie,i have tried various setting im using windows 8.1 any ideas please ??

Reactions: Surfnut
Windows 8.1?! Its possible something that ancient wont have the h264 codec installed.

Try downloading the KLite codec pack or similar.

Windows 8.1?! Its possible something that ancient wont have the h264 codec installed.

VLC plays just about anything with its own codecs. It's more likely that the PC doesn't have the processing power to play the raw video which is why it's hung up on the first frame.

Upload a test video to youtube and then try to play it at 1080p - if it works there then its your computer is too old - you can try Kodi as well to play the video.

I'd have thought even an ancient setup like that could play H264 (or at least with stuttering). h.265 no but he mentioned h.264 specifically.

(Unless he got it wrong and he meant the 10 bit h.265 files).

VLC plays just about anything with its own codecs. It's more likely that the PC doesn't have the processing power to play the raw video which is why it's hung up on the first frame.

Did as you suggested, working fine now. Thanks a lot, very pleased.

Downloaded the KLite codec pack as you said and now working fine. Thanks a lot., very pleased !!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929