DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 !?

alvises

Reactions
Hi,

I've just found this great forum. I'm thinking to buy a Mavic Pro but I've seen that, since few months ago, people started talking about a next Mavic Pro. Is a new version expected in the next few months (2-3 months)? I wouldn't buy something that it's outdated and depreciated after just few months...

Thanks

Alvise

That said – in the tech space particularly – companies are more or less used to the fact that innovation doesn't stand still. As the MP was released, improvements were very quickly identified (e.g. various camera issues, combined gimbal cover+lock, location of the SD card slot, 360 obstacle avoidance...).
DJI's pace of renewal of the Phantom series surprised many. There's nothing to say they won't approach the Mavic in the same way and those improvements could address issues of fence sitters...as well as those who feel that an update is likely.

(in anticipation of comments that the camera issues are all fixable, many users of Phantoms seemed to find those cameras easier to work with, so DJI could look at options in this area)

Last edited:
I think there's been rumours about the Mavic Pro 2 and asking whether to wait or not every month since the Mavic has been out. So far there have been no credible leaks about a Mavic replacement whereas there were accurate leaks of the Spark a decent amount of time ahead of its announcement and in general these days, there's usually pretty good leaks of hardware before it's released.

The current Mavic doesn't become any less capable once its successor is released however if the current specification of the Mavic doesn't meet your needs then it's worth waiting to see what the future brings.

Reactions: Kilrah
I think that unless you are really wealthy, bad...very, very bad customer service and self-crashing drones should be a concern

Mine crashed on its own..in my yard and the tech report falsely came back saying that I took off too close to a tree (no trees for 30 feet, min.) the prop hit something (nothing was nearby), the unit roller mid air (nope) and crashed upside down...(nope, it landed correctly)

Lots and lots of other horror stories

I also received a new unit frim Apple store and it was missing propellors
I called customer service...they promised to mail me a set...2 months and nothing.

If you're always waiting for the newest tech to be released you'll never own it. It doesn't matter if it's a Mavic, phone, tv etc.

Buy one now and enjoy. I waited a long time to buy my Mavic in anticipation of a new version when I could have been out flying it. It's a great drone and I have zero regrets.

Hi,

I've just found this great forum. I'm thinking to buy a Mavic Pro but I've seen that, since few months ago, people started talking about a next Mavic Pro. Is a new version expected in the next few months (2-3 months)? I wouldn't buy something that it's outdated and depreciated after just few months...

Thanks

Alvise
Doubt it will be in a few months more like 2 years.

No competition for Mavic 1 ... Why a new version soon? I think DJI saves new features for a future.
I hope we are wrong. But I think they are going to focus on security

Well you could wait for the mavic 2 which could be in the next 12-18 months. But then you might as well wait for the mavic 3 which will likely be out in the next 24 months. Or then wait another 24 months for the mavic 4.
The end result is the same - you dont own a drone.

I agonized for 2 months over the decision to buy a Mavic Pro or a P4 Pro! I did a lot of research and I was reading all the horror stories about the Mavic Pro and "the problems that people were having with them." They almost swayed my decision but then I realized that most of the horror stories that I was reading was pilot error! I must say that I am extremely happy with the Mavic and my decision to purchase it. If the Mavic Pro 2 comes out I will buy that as well (after it has been out for a couple months) and if not I will purchase another Mavic Pro (I really really want 2 of them). I agree with @gnirtS and if you wait for the next bigger and better product you'll be waiting for a long time!

Hey guys, new-ish Mavic pilot here. Thought I'd share my two cents about the future Mavic 2. Although I absolutely love my Mavic and how I think it outperforms even most Phantoms, I have a few things I hope DJI will add to the new model. I'd like to see an aperture (not sure if cameras thats small feature those) so that my guessing game on which filter to use at which flying vector at what time of day will no longer be an issue to capture that cinematic look. I'd also like to see video in 4k shoot at 60fps to allow for more dynamic flight movements without all the chatter. And lastly, I know this is a software issue but please DJI, please include an option to invert the gimbal movement on the gimbal wheel. Even with practice I still really have to think against my intuition to move the gimbal the right way.

But this is all nitpicky. At the end of the day, when you can capture beautiful shots like below in something as portable as the Mavic, you cant be mad. DJI outdid themselves on this one.

Attachments

• DJI_0007.jpg
    DJI_0007.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
Someone on YouTube did a side-by-side comparison of specs for the original Mavic Pro and the Platinum. The differences are so inconsequential that it questions why they even bothered with a Platinum upgrade. Although maybe this will drive a sell-off of the Mavic Pro stock at a discount! I could use a second Mavic. :)

The differences are so inconsequential that it questions why they even bothered with a Platinum upgrade.
At a talk I attended at Interdrone yesterday, DJI said they released it because they had the technology available and wanted to make it available to people who haven't yet purchased a Mavic. They didn't intend for all existing Mavic Pro owners to upgrade.

At a talk I attended at Interdrone yesterday, DJI said they released it because they had the technology available and wanted to make it available to people who haven't yet purchased a Mavic. They didn't intend for all existing Mavic Pro owners to upgrade.

Understandable. Or, possibly, they felt that by adding $5 worth of improvements they could justify jacking up the price another $100! :)

Or, possibly, they felt that by adding $5 worth of improvements they could justify jacking up the price another $100!
It seems like a sensible business move to me. If they kept the price the same, they'd either have to discontinue the Mavic Pro or lower the price of the Mavic Pro. Those aren't normal activities for businesses that want to make a profit at the end of the year ;)

It seems like a sensible business move to me. If they kept the price the same, they'd either have to discontinue the Mavic Pro or lower the price of the Mavic Pro. Those aren't normal activities for businesses that want to make a profit at the end of the year ;)

Of course it’s a sensible business move. Car manufacturers (and others) do it all the time. Add a piece of plastic trim, a new paint scheme, market it as an upgrade version, charge a thousand dollars more. ;)

It looks like DJI might be gearing up for a later 1st quarter release. Here's a new recent tweet from OsitaLV:

Tweet.jpg

deer.gif

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman