DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 3 Confirmed by DJI

I have both Mavic 2 Pro and Autel 2 Pro, both have positives and negatives. in my case, from experience prefer the Evo 2 Pro over Mavic 2 Pro. Both are about the same price, only batteries on Evo 2 cost more. I lost all three Mavic 2 batteries within 6-8 months, very costly to replace them. This second batch, never had another swelling issue. In regards to the second batch of Mavic 2 batteries, they never had the capacity of flight time vs. the first batch. First batch had longer flight time, but then they didn’t last very long due to swelling.

The Skydio 2, had one preordered but cancelled it before it was delivered. Range and reception transmission signal, isn’t strong enough for my type of flying. Otherwise, fantastic drone.

Many good drones out there, take your time and do a lot of research.

Paul
THANK YOU SIR I,VE BEEN CONSIDERING AUTEL AND NOW FOR ME IT IS A MUST I.M NOT A WEALTHY MAN and study isn,t what i did when i purchased an inspire one

Last edited:
I have both Mavic 2 Pro and Autel 2 Pro, both have positives and negatives. in my case, from experience prefer the Evo 2 Pro over Mavic 2 Pro. Both are about the same price, only batteries on Evo 2 cost more. I lost all three Mavic 2 batteries within 6-8 months, very costly to replace them. This second batch, never had another swelling issue. In regards to the second batch of Mavic 2 batteries, they never had the capacity of flight time vs. the first batch. First batch had longer flight time, but then they didn’t last very long due to swelling.

The Skydio 2, had one preordered but cancelled it before it was delivered. Range and reception transmission signal, isn’t strong enough for my type of flying. Otherwise, fantastic drone.

Many good drones out there, take your time and do a lot of research.

Paul
Thx for your input....I have had my M2P for 2 years with 6 batteries and have had no problems. However I do take a lot of care with the batteries. I never rely on the self-discharge feature.....I have an after-market multiple battery charger that doubles as a storage charger whether the charge is below or above the storage voltage.

I will admit that DJI commands a premium for the brand, but quality and feature-wise, I am pleased with the company....the fact it is a Chinese firm means nothing to me as the product meets my needs. Nationalistic knee jerk reactions we see in these forums are non-sensical IMHO.

But I do find your "Confirmed" to be a bit lacking on detail and fact. Do you have actual data from your sources citing a release? Just a guess or speculation that has been going on for over two years?
No new DJI drone is confirmed until you see new FCC approval documentation.
Until then, it's just speculation and wishes.

Those mavic 2 swelling batteries are legendary. I feel sorry for anyone who have this drone and have to deal with it
Then, there are people like me who have never had the problem. Go figfure.

You might be surprised to find that Autel is as Chinese as DJI.
They're made in China and their head office is just down the road from DJI in Shenzen.
Let's not forget SkyDio, pretty much all Chinese...only assembled in USA...by Chinese workers and Japanese robots :p

that still dosen,t change the fact they just discontinue their batrteries I love my mavic pro it does good work for me but it has alot more life in it but dji chooses to disable it whether i like it or not the can go to &*as far as i,m concernerd and the same goes for the inspire but i,m forced to give them up when they are doing what i need that just sucks

that still dosen,t change the fact they just discontinue their batrteries I love my mavic pro it does good work for me but it has alot more life in it but dji chooses to disable it whether i like it or not the can go to &*as far as i,m concernerd and the same goes for the inspire but i,m forced to give them up when they are doing what i need that just sucks
What is the time frame for you for EOL of a product in your thinking to keep supplying parts? If your not big on research, you might want to know Autel has a much greater EOL and not supplying parts much sooner than DJI ever has. Inspire 1 is a 7 year old aircraft and the Mavic Pro is 5 years old.
Why is it that you didn't use due diligence and some forethought and buy batteries when they were available? And just for more entertaining knowledge. SkyDio nailed their customers of their drone at a cost of $1999 and stopped production of batteries for it right around a year later when they hit the market with a V2 at half the cost.

The grass looks greener on the other side..till you actually climb a fence and step into the crap on the other side. :p

What is the time frame for you for EOL of a product in your thinking to keep supplying parts? If your not big on research, you might want to know Autel has a much greater EOL and not supplying parts much sooner than DJI ever has. Inspire 1 is a 7 year old aircraft and the Mavic Pro is 5 years old.
Why is it that you didn't use due diligence and some forethought and buy batteries when they were available? And just for more entertaining knowledge. SkyDio nailed their customers of their drone at a cost of $1999 and stopped production of batteries for it right around a year later when they hit the market with a V2 at half the cost.

The grass looks greener on the other side..till you actually climb a fence and step into the crap on the other side. :p
i appreciate the insight **** i guess a poor man just atn,t gotta a chance

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
i appreciate the insight **** i guess a poor man just atn,t gotta a chance
Hello Dave,

The original Mavic 2 Air is a good model, for its price range one can probably find a great deal on a like new model maybe even a new discounted model.

Hope everything works out for you, good luck sir
Paul

This second batch, never had another swelling issue. In regards to the second batch of Mavic 2 batteries, they never had the capacity of flight time vs. the first batch. First batch had longer flight time, but then they didn’t last very long due to swelling.
Interesting… I bought my M2P late in its market cycle (fall of 2020). Being aware of the battery issue, I keep a very close eye on swelling. And assuming my batteries are from a much later production, I have no swelling and noticed their capacity is less than specification, meaning a brand new battery supplied less than 100% of design. All of this seems consistent with your observations.

Don't agree there mate, there is so much going on about the mavic 3 from reliable sources it's coming this year
It's all the same dreaming and wishing, being recycled and including the words "reliable sources.
It's just what people would like to see or hope is in the next pro Mavic and none is backed up by any facts.
It's the same pattern every time and plenty fall for it every time.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
It's all the same dreaming and wishing, being recycled and including the words "reliable sources.
It's just what people would like to see or hope is in the next pro Mavic and none is backed up by any facts.
It's the same pattern every time and plenty fall for it every time.
Do some research mate its here this year, i agree with you in the rumours and speculation i take no notice of that stuff, i have just swapped my pro 2 for a air 2s and its on par with the 2 pro especilly in the pics department i believe the video is better (dont use much vid so dont know), they have also asked dealers to place last orders for pro 2 and zoom what more do you need

Do some research mate its here this year, ... what more do you need?
Some definite facts would help.
Those rumour sites generate clicks with the same old unfounded stories from their "trusted sources".
In the past they've not been correct until within a month or so of any new release.
When FCC approval papers show up, a new release is possibly 4-6 weeks away and then the rumours start to have some substance.

Some definite facts would help.
Those rumour sites generate clicks with the same old unfounded stories from their "trusted sources".
In the past they've not been correct until within a month or so of any new release.
When FCC approval papers show up, a new release is possibly 4-6 weeks away and then the rumours start to have some substance.
Drone DJ has "legit" documentation that M2 Enterprise versions are phased out end of 2021 or until stock runs out (worse yet is the EOS Dec 31st, that screws plenty of agency's/first responders)...would think that seeing as M2P/Z is in the family, but probably with much more stock. I would think that M2 is good for a bit at least for stock for general public. I don't see the logic in releasing a new model before EOL is declared, thus unless they wish to shoot themselves and vendors in the foot. DJI actually just killed their affiliate program as well. All this is more than likely being a subjective guess with these matters by the "In The Know Group". Here is a fun thread to read from the past: DJI announces end of life of Mavic Pro DJI blasted the "Truth" with fact. ;)

Citation for above: DJI announces life cycle status for much of its Enterprise line - DroneDJ

Last edited:
This second batch, never had another swelling issue. In regards to the second batch of Mavic 2 batteries, they never had the capacity of flight time vs. the first batch. First batch had longer flight time, but then they didn’t last very long due to swelling.
Yep, I had 3 batteries swell up too. Interesting to note, all mine swelled up when I started launching at high altitude on an RV trip I took, launching above 8000'MSL. The ambient temp was ~70F. This swelling at high elevation implies they had the potato chip bag effect, with an air tight seal of the battery, and the contents expanded due to high altitude, like a sealed potato chip bag does. When I got home to 350' MSL elevation, one of the 3 shrank back down flat to normal. I'm wondering if others with failures like this were moving from low elevation launch points to high elevation launch points. I think my high elevation was a contributing factor, not the single reason for swelling. All of my swelled batteries had less than 50 charges.
I've replaced all my M2 batteries and none have shown any signs of swelling, yet. I'm hoping DJI has silently fixed the problem somehow, after a rash of failures. I haven't noticed any difference in flight times with my replacements, averaging about 20min with 15% left at landing, which is good IMO.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser