DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro: Aircraft disconnected

Casper

Reactions
I've had my DJI Mavic Pro for 3 days - however today, to my great surprise, the (Android) phone refused to connect to the Mavic through the RC. On the "front page" of the DJI GO 4 app it would say "Enter device" rather than the usual "Go fly". Once "entering the device", all I see is a black screen and a lot of dummy (default) settings.

It's quite a frustrating experience; I've tried several phones now and several cables. I'm now wondering if there is an issue with the latest firmware or what on earth is going on. I can fly the Mavic just fine just not with any phone attached. I can also fly the Mavic in wifi mode using the phone.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170901-213719.png
    Screenshot_20170901-213719.png
    521.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20170901-213728.png
    Screenshot_20170901-213728.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: Sean1224
I'm assuming you have searched and read some of the threads - re/Android not connecting and tried airplane mode, debugging mode and so on? What phone are you using/ what os is it running? I and many other's are on the latest firmware and using andriod device (Note 5 and Edge 7) without any issues.

I also had similar problems - and continually asking me to enter my mainland China phone number!
I tried all sorts of things, searched the web and finally gave up.
The solution that finally worked for me was to completely uninstall the DJI GO 4 app from my phone and then reinstall it. Success !!

I'm not sure if this occurs on android as well, but on IOS if you open the app without being connected to the drone to do other things and it remains open in your background it can cause similar issues. I'd force close all of your apps, turn on RC remote first, connect your phone and open the app, then power on the drone. See if that works.

For me on android the connection process i have to use is (i) drone on (ii) RC on. WAIT for it to connect. THEN plug usb cable into remote and table, then load DJI Go.
Any other sequence it doesn't work.

Also try the usual, restart the phone. Try the main USB and/or the side USB port as well as different cables. Try the USB Debugging mode option or RNDIS if its samsung.

Delete app and any DJI folders then start over seems best option.
Have you downloaded any other apps which are vying to connect?
Some phones e.g. Samsung S5 cannot tolerate more than one option - so Litchi and Go4 can't both be installed or neither work.
The order of start up can be important with some devices.
Most reliable way is likely to be: controller on, Mavic on THEN connect 'live' USB to phone.
It should ask if you want to always open Go4.
This is partly why full delete and reinstall might help.

Thank you guys for the feedback. While I am unable to explain what exactly went wrong, after a few days of "trying stuff", my bird is now operational again. It doesn't leave me with the most comfortable feeling because now I fear when the problem will arise again, but at least now I won't have to contact DJI or return the unit. On a positive note, this community seems friendly and vibrant and I'm glad now I know of it. :)

It happened again. I'm using Android and I am wondering if there is an issue here with (at least some) Android devices. I'll only know if I try getting an iOS device I guess...

A full clean install of the DJO Go software fixed it, but that's going to get annoying having to do that all the time. :(

I generally don't have issues with my nexus 5 phone but occasionally I have noticed that if DJI go is running before the connection between MP and controller is made, the app doesn't always see the change in connection status. At that point however, the MP is ready to fly with the controller.

Assuming you are in RC mode at the time, perhaps "Remote controller disconnected" might be a better message for it to display?

Does your phone connect to a computer okay?
I had this issue yesterday and after messing about for hours I connected the phone to my laptop and although it charges fine it would make a connections to the computer to sync or transfer data. This was my iPhone by the way. I then plugged in my wifes iPhone and it connected first time..... So my Bargain Mavic is now going to cost me a new phone and my wife thinks its a convenient conspiracy as apple are releasing new phones tomorrow......

For me on android the connection process i have to use is (i) drone on (ii) RC on. WAIT for it to connect. THEN plug usb cable into remote and table, then load DJI Go.
Any other sequence it doesn't work.

Also try the usual, restart the phone. Try the main USB and/or the side USB port as well as different cables. Try the USB Debugging mode option or RNDIS if its samsung.
Just a note of warning..... It's the other way around. Never turn in a RC device first. Always turn radio on then the craft

Just a note of warning..... It's the other way around. Never turn in a RC device first. Always turn radio on then the craft

That would be great...Except it doesn't actually work for me what-so-ever. And there are no issues at all turning the drone on first either.

I have only had my Mavic 2 days and only a few very short, low and close flights due to windy weather in beginner and tripod mode but had this tonight where the RC was connected to the Mavic but the DJI Go 4 app would not connect. I tried closing the app, turning the drone off and restarting but did not fix it but then with everything back on, simply pulled the mini USB out of the RC and put it back in and it connected straight away.
I have stayed with FW.400 out of the box (reluctant to update to .900/.1000 because of worries over reported issues with later versions and all ok so far) on iPhone 6s.

Its very safe. The drone just sets there unmoving and will never move as the app won't see it.
I prefer the slightly less "safe" option that actually allows the app to talk to the drone and i actually fly the thing. I find it more exciting.

Its very safe. The drone just sets there unmoving and will never move as the app won't see it.
I prefer the slightly less "safe" option that actually allows the app to talk to the drone and i actually fly the thing. I find it more exciting.
A rogue signal can cause motors to fire up. I've seen it happen and it's dangerous. Definitely not advisable

Go clear all the app defaults in your phone. Then wait for controller to connect to the drone, then plug in the cable to the phone. Make sure to set dji as the default app to open when it prompts you to do so. If that doesn't work my guess Is a faulty cable or phone charge port. If you changed anything prior to it not working, such as downloading any apps, undo that. Also make sure you don't have any other controller apps installed. Litchi and kittyhawk can cause issues on the same device as dji go

A rogue signal can cause motors to fire up. I've seen it happen and it's dangerous. Definitely not advisable

A rogue signal that by pure chance happens to have got the correct frequency, correct modulation, correct encryption key, the correct protocol and sent the correct command. Id rather take my chances getting struck by lighting and hit by a meteor at the same time.

I bought my mavic to fly it therefore i'll use the only method that actually allows me to fly it and take the risk of pretty much impossible odds of an accidental startup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi