DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro aircraft locked message in GO app: Help

Pointbob

Reactions
I'm really not happy. I connected to the internet with my go app and now I'm getting a message that my mavic pro is locked and cannot fly. I have 1.03.0700 mavic pro firmware. And the app is 4.1.10.

I tried to downgrade my app to 4.0.6 and I still get the same message. Is there anything I can do to remove this lock?? Pic attached.
I do not want to change my firmware if at all possible....help GREAT APPRECIATED. Is there something I can adjust in DJI assist?

Attachments

• smallDSC00831.jpg
    smallDSC00831.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 217
What is your location? I've only ever heard of that happening in the case of mandatory firmware updates (like the Spark had a few months ago). The Mavic has never had any mandatory firmware updates in most places, and lots of people are still flying 3.0700. However, DJI's firmware update process allows them to designate updates as mandatory in China that are not mandatory elsewhere. Are you in China?

What is your location? I've only ever heard of that happening in the case of mandatory firmware updates (like the Spark had a few months ago). The Mavic has never had any mandatory firmware updates in most places, and lots of people are still flying 3.0700. However, DJI's firmware update process allows them to designate updates as mandatory in China that are not mandatory elsewhere. Are you in China?
no i'm in the pacific northwest...just over the border in canada

Yes. It was just UNLOCK previously but everyone just thought it was something else so I named it Unlock Spark as that was the only AC that the locking was applied to so far. Will remove the locking on any A/C if that's whats been applied.

Yes. It was just UNLOCK previously but everyone just thought it was something else so I named it Unlock Spark as that was the only AC that the locking was applied to so far. Will remove the locking on any A/C if that's whats been applied.
I'll try to unlock tonite and report back. THANKS

I had that happen. Pissed me off because I upgraded my firmware and now I can't go back as some others have had the same problem.

I had that happen. Pissed me off because I upgraded my firmware and now I can't go back as some others have had the same problem.

Was this recent? Which FW were you on and which app version.

Hope I don't get into this situation, can't be ****ed with this.

Is this a permanent unlock? Or can it be locked again?

no i'm in the pacific northwest...just over the border in canada
Last I heard, Canadiens weren't even trusted by their own government to own drones. Megaphone voice :"Put the drone down, eh." "Step away from the controller, eh."

Reactions: TerryJ

1.03.0700 mavic pro firmware and go app 4.1.10

And i hate using caps..

BUT I WANT TO THANKING THIS AWESOME COMMUNITY SINCE MY MAVIC IS NOW UNLOCKED AND I STARTED THE PROPS NO PROBLEM INSIDE. THE LOCKED MESSAGE IS GONE...I USE DUMBLEDORE UNLOCK SPARK OPTION.

I'll try flying it in a few days.

Just a general question...are some versions of the GO app better then others? I was noticing the 4.1.10 vers was really sluggish on my android device but vers 4.0.6 is super smooth.

Am i endangering my flights with 4.0.6. And again.

THANK YOU ALL.

Reactions: PsychoAndy
1.03.0700 mavic pro firmware and go app 4.1.10

And i hate using caps..

BUT I WANT TO THANKING THIS AWESOME COMMUNITY SINCE MY MAVIC IS NOW UNLOCKED AND I STARTED THE PROPS NO PROBLEM INSIDE. THE LOCKED MESSAGE IS GONE...I USE DUMBLEDORE UNLOCK SPARK OPTION.

I'll try flying it in a few days.

Just a general question...are some versions of the GO app better then others? I was noticing the 4.1.10 vers was really sluggish on my android device but vers 4.0.6 is super smooth.

Am i endangering my flights with 4.0.6. And again.

THANK YOU ALL.

The unlock spark, is that already included within dumbldore?

I'm hearing reports of this lock. Apparently it's because of inconsistent FWs

that's the one

I've seen a few reports but they say that they have changed device or reinstalled app and its cleared which I find stranger

that's the one

I've seen a few reports but they say that they have changed device or reinstalled app and its cleared which I find stranger

Planning to fly later on today. Hopefully dont get locked while I'm out. Sent you a PM.

Yes it was three days ago. I was on FW .700 and I was on version 14? I think of the GO4 app. It was on the tablet that my wife shares with me. She had left the wifi on and it automatically updated to version 18. I didn't know, tried using the tablet with the bird and got the locked message. So not even thinking about it I went ahead and did all the updates to the firmware on the bird and updated my phone to the version 18 of GO4 and then nothing worked worth a crap. I rolled back my GO4 app to as far back as I could using APK and it was better, but I started having random gimbal issues in flight. Bought Litchi on Sunday night while it was still on sale but I have not had anytime to test it yet to see what happens. I did try rolling back my FW using Dumldore but it doesn't work anymore. After you go through the whole process and it says updated, when you go check it is still on the newest FW version.

Yes..I used the "unlock spark" option. That's all,

And I had flown the mavic fine the day before. I just absent mindedly had my controller/app AND mavic all on WHILE connected to the internet.

DJI dropped a lock onto my mavic somehow but the only way it could have done it is if I was connected to wifi. Lesson learned. Never connect to wifi while you are running the app and your mavic is on. Clearly DJI has the ability to lock the bird without your permission and then threatens you to upgrade firmware or no more flights. And yes I was in Canada.

I'm really surprised this is even legal. I paid over $1000. Can you imagine Canon or Nikon bricking your camera unless you changed the firmware?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven